FrSky one-way and two-way compatability

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

FrSky one-way and two-way compatability

Postby erezra » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:23 am

Hi all,

I've got now a FrSky one-way hack module in my Stylus and two 8ch Rx's.
I'm thinking about doing stuff with telemetry and so thinking about the two way system. (mainly transmitting rs-232 to and from the airplane)

Are the two compatible? Can the one way tx hack module be used with two-way rx's? Can the two-way tx module control one-way rx's?

Being a hacker ( ;) ) I'm also wondering if I can hack either the Tx module or Rx module into tow-way comms?
!!! BEWARE - WE ARE IN THE AIR !!!
http://www.eraviv.com
erezra

Re: FrSky one-way and two-way compatability

Postby RobC » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:15 pm

a) sort of
b) no
c) yes
d) good luck with that

The 2 way tx module has a switch to change to 1 way compatability, it seems to work ok like that with my 4, 7 and 8 channel receivers.
RobC

Postby AirDemon » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:45 pm

Hi from Italy
This is my first post and I need some help: I bought a Frsky telemetry V8JT module to hack it and fit in one of my Multiplex Profi radio (3010, 3030 or 4000). I've searched and found a lot of info about pinout and connection, but unfortunately, after building a dedicated cable, the module is silent and not even light up the Led.
The question is: the telemetry module has the same pinout of the one way module? Are 7,5 volts enought?
BTW, I checked with a tester every connection and solded point....
Thanks in advance
Regards
Pierluigi
AirDemon

Postby hewika » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:08 am

I chamged my Multiplex 3030 to Spektrum DMS2 and got it working with The Spektrum Futaba module. The JR module does not work. With Frsky it is problably the same. Hope this helps.
hewika

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks