turnigy 9x 2.4 ghz to 72 mhz

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

turnigy 9x 2.4 ghz to 72 mhz

Postby paladugusujith » Tue May 31, 2011 10:15 am

hello members

my vtx and vrx are 2.4 with11 dbi omni antennas,so i dont want to fly on the same frequency.
i hve seen some posts mentioning that FLYSKY 35 mhz would be the best option for turnigy 9x to convert it into 72 mhz. but i dont see any online store selling it.kindly suggest if i have other options or a store online...!!

regards
sujith
paladugusujith

Re: turnigy 9x 2.4 ghz to 72 mhz

Postby caseih » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:46 pm

This is possible. I've done it myself. The only problem is the Turnigy 9x does not have an antenna mount soldered to the board. You can make one yourself with a piece of aluminum and a bolt, soldered or otherwise firmly attached to the pads on the board. Once you have the 72 MHz antenna mounted, you can then buy a JR 72 MHz module and stick it right in. That's all there is to it.

Of course the module isn't cheap: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&clie ... 1&aql=&oq=

I've seen it for as low as $60 before. Despite what has been said by some folks on RCgroups, the synthesized module is compatible with the 9x. I believe the non-synthesized module is not, however. Will probably fry.
caseih

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks