Those who whine about others having fun

Chew the fat on any non-RC subject. It's a free-for-all but common rules of decency do apply so act like adults and don't embarrass yourself by trolling or cuss'n.

Re: Those who whine about others having fun

Postby cynr100 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:06 pm

Problem with this type of person is that they don't go away, unfortunately they have the uneducated/funless masses behind them.
An empty vessel makes the most noise.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby kaptain_zero » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:46 pm

I think when it comes to litigiousness in the USA, "Wierd Al" says it best in this song: http://goo.gl/XjnSZ

Regards

Christian
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby aidan284 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:00 am

haha coll song. good old "Weird Al"!!!!!
If you don't know it, Look it up
aidan284

Postby Hallmark » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:03 pm

Hmmm let's think about that video...

AXN well above head height - check

Those supposedly 'in peril' wearing full body armour while travelling at speed defying gravity, karma and the elements - check

Stubbing one's toe on the newly purchased lounge suite likely to cause far more damage than any hit from and AXN - check

An opinionated spoil sport who has nothing better to do than whine about the fun others have because he's projecting his bad sense of self onto Bruce - priceless! :roll:

Hallmark
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby heliplanes » Thu May 10, 2012 4:26 am

You surprise me Bruce. I was sure you had an agreement not to fly over the other venues. I have seen a couple of instances seeing you doing so but assumed you had made arrangements with them to do so. It's not as if you make a habit of it and usually I can hear the carts in the background but very rarely see any planes over them.

After watching Utube I often wish we enjoyed the same laws as the US. They fly almost anywhere they wish. Using the streets they live on as runways, using supermarket and factory carparks and even local parks. Here in Australia we can be fined for flying a slow flyer in a massive playing field completely devoid of any other humans. I'm even wary of taking my Canadair to our local lake. I'm certain someone will complain about the noise of the electric motor completely drowned out by dozens of weekend lawn mowers.
What goes up, must come down, the heaviest parts first.
heliplanes

Postby iflylilplanes » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:52 am

There are professional complainers out there, a club I was a member of years ago had a glider competition, all launches were by highstart. We were lucky that day, a local council member came to see what all the complaints lodged against us were about. He saw how professorially we ran the comp and left happy with us we even gave him the controls for a few minutes, he was impressed. Monday morning a noise complaint was made about us again with the council rangers and was pasted onto the our visiting council member. The complainer was told to pull his head in and never to call the rangers again. Fate was on our side that day.
Many Thanks,

Dave W.

Dead Stick Glide Distance: Half the distance from the airplane to the nearest emergency landing field.
iflylilplanes

Postby RockinRobbins » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:49 pm

Well, sirs, I am a proud outlaw flyer and the more I hang around here the more I think I'm doing the right thing!
RockinRobbins

Postby rogueqd » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:02 am

heliplanes wrote:Here in Australia we can be fined for flying a slow flyer in a massive playing field completely devoid of any other humans.

Where did you get that from? Possibly it depends on your local council? AFAIK it's fine to fly electrics in parks as long as there's not a "No model planes" sign.
rogueqd

Postby drg964 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:01 am

I had a quick look through the mountain of Queensland legislation...

But in the end I only found this from CASA

http://www.casa.gov.au/rules/1998casr/101/101c03.pdf

If anyone has something more up to date let me know but from what I can see it looks good so long you are not flying above 400ft within 3 nautical miles of an aerodrome (without prior approval) and,

are in an area at least 30m clear of persons, vessels, vehicles or structures

As I said before I found no local bylaws for us here in Cairns. NSW could be a different situation though. Isn't there a bylaw limiting the number of helium filled balloons that can be released into the atmosphere?? ;)
You can call me Al
drg964

Previous

Return to Non-RC