Permanent Farewell at RCGROUPS!

Chew the fat on any non-RC subject. It's a free-for-all but common rules of decency do apply so act like adults and don't embarrass yourself by trolling or cuss'n.

Permanent Farewell at RCGROUPS!

Postby guapoman2000 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:46 pm

Would you all believe that I posted this within my "BLOG" area at RCGroups and they cited as wide spread trolling.

Plus additionally Jim T. Graham has asked me if I want to stay or leave RCGroups all because I changed my custom member title to "Big Mistake in being in RCG!" that's what appears underneath my Avitar of which I deleted.

I have been an RCG's member since October 2002:

You have no idea how vengeful and hateful some in RCG's and hopefully the following can bring shead some "Light" as to my delema:
================================================== =======

It is with a heavy heart that I am going somewhere else where my inputs and opinions are valued by true RC Airplane Modelers and not have to deal with constant Trolls, Paying Sponsor Shrils (hired guns) to shut you up.

I should have left during the large change out of moderators that left a few years ago and I should have known better but, wanted to give RCG's the benefit of the doubt.

However, it has been perhaps 2 different occasions that I have been temporarily banned and all because I upset the paying Sponsors or those paying members from honest posts that I have made.

The rules here (@ RCGROUPS) are bent to fit you should you are placed in the BLACK BOOK of RCG's and continue to off-set Business opportunities for the owner as your honest opinions "OR" Notifications of certain flaws in present products are pointed out. I have worned my warning points with honor as I excersied my honest thoughts and warned those here (@ RCGROUPS) of certain models that really do not appear to be worth their hard earned $$$.

I leave you all by giving you some advise:

Always ask yourself: (This was of course meant for RCGROUPS members)

1. Why is someone openly asking you if you own a certain model after you personally have provided witnessed accounts in proof of Videos and pictures of certain flaws. Most likely they are after you and waiting for you to reply so, they can fit those nice rules against you so, you can be awarded points and resulting in Banned member. Three ban cycles will win you a permanent status of not being able to come back. Well, I am making things easy for Mr. Jim and his Hench men.

2. After so and so Vendor / Distributor announces a certain model never go out and buy it until you have ample opportunity to check it out at certain Fun-Flys. Should you see someone provide less than steller review make sure he or she is an honest member with honest motives and usually the first impressions are the real deal no matter what the Paying Sponsor or Distrubutor (Representatives) come and say afterwards.

3. As far as this Site (@RCGROUPS), it was once fun to come here and enjoy the hobby discussion but, in the past 4 years it has become a selective group to seek out those that decide to create trouble for the paying Sponsors and therefore, the owner.

I bid you a great time here, otherwise you can seek out other established sites that do very well in discussing the hobby.

Sincerely,
Carlos
guapoman2000

Re: Permanent Farewell at RCGROUPS!

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi Carlos, welcome to the dark side :-)

As you're doubtless aware, the very reasons that these forums exist is because of the heavy-handed and uneven moderation I also experienced on sites like RCG/RCU.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby guapoman2000 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:28 pm

Yes, indeed.

It is just a feeling like no other after so many years contributing to articles, how-to's, reviews and countless help to newbees that really just leaves me completely drained to no end.

Thank you for leaving my new post up here as over in WATT FLYER they have moved it to a "Special" area so, those WATT FLYER moderators can review it and decide if it is okay for the general membership to see????

Something about Airing My Laundry. I did post it in the NON Topic - Chit Chatt area? I just thanked the Moderator over in WATT FLYER and let it go.

I did not think that I was being hateful or trying to get back at anyone just wanted to warn those here that they need to tread carefully at RCG's and carefully watch their step.

Thanks again!
Carlos
guapoman2000

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:03 am

It is unfortunate when sites bow to commercial pressures to such an extent that they start using the rules as an excuse to stifle discussion which may put advertisers in a bad light.

I guess RCG/RCU etc are commercial ventures and in any such venture the bottom line is "profit". It's hard to make a profit if your advertisers are offended by the facts and take their money elsewhere.

That's why there are no large "big brand" banner ads on RCModelReviews and I trust forum members to exercise their own good judgment when posting.

So far, that approach has worked perfectly well and I expect that it will continue.

Eventually I suspect more people will find RCMR's forums and we'll get a good buzz going -- but without the bullying that comes from heavy-handed moderators and commercial pressures.
RCModelReviews

UPDATE: Re: Permanent Farewell at RCGROUPS!

Postby guapoman2000 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:43 pm

hello good people!

I hate to say it but, it appears that the poor fellow known as KONRAD over in RCGROUPs finally got banned himself for communicating his expert views on certain OS engines and he finally accumulated so many points that Good Old Jim Bourke finally gave him the AX.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1281813

Sad....
guapoman2000

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:45 pm

Konrad's okay -- he does have a bee in his bonnet about OS engines and their nickel liners though :-)

Wouldn't it be nice if, when people disagreed (with Konrad or whoever) simply had their say and moved on.

I've debated issues with Konrad in the past when I used RGC and he was a nice guy. Sometimes I agreed with him, sometimes I disagreed. The secret to enjoying life on discussion forums is to understand that sometimes you just have to agree to disagree -- life's to short to get all bitter and twisted just because someone else has a different opinion to your own.

Maybe Konrad will come here and share his expertise with us ;-)
RCModelReviews

Postby guapoman2000 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:13 pm

It is quite amazing that my absence at RCGroups has taken a turn for the worse by a nice fellow known as "WISE GUY" who at the last minute when I decided to delete all references of my Blog material (heck, they issued me a Wide Spread Trolling infraction just for me posting my Final Farewell) and now this poor gentleman has been attacked to no end by those that find it amusing and fun by accusing him of being me and other stuff.

Here is just another example of the careless and most importantly "MINDLESS" Comments that many have posted saying that if "I" (Guapoman2000) only stayed within the Rules all would have been fine....etc....etc....etc......

Fair warning as the post replies are rude, distasteful and just outright nasty.

Here it is:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1281554
guapoman2000

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 pm

The signal-to-noise ratio at RCG has been deteriorating for quite some time now.

I find it kind of ironic that the USA is supposedly a bastion of free-speech yet the only forums I've been banned from are (you guessed it) US-based. The mods on those forums ought to be hung drawn and quartered for showing such contempt for the concept of free speech which made their nation great.

When such constant and heavy-handed moderation becomes necessary I think it is indicative of a deeper failure with the system on which it occurs.

These words may come back to haunt me but so far I've not had to moderate a single post or even issue a single warning on these forums. Why is it that RCModelReviews gets the sensible, level-headed, intelligent forum-users while RCG gets more than its share of idiots I wonder?
RCModelReviews

Postby kneedrag » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:09 am

Ironically enough I have found forums generally need no moderation. With the exception of a few spammers I have never had to moderate a post either just removed the spam. I also don't see the need. If someone has a view then let them express it. If it upsets you explain your side. It is generally called discussion and debate in most educated circles.

It is a pity that some sites take the opportunity to nail someone every time they have a view or opinion that goes against the general population. O well there loss our gain.

Again another reason I will not visit the States, I value free speech. Ironic is it not.

Now if I posted this in RCG I am sure that would add to a warning ticker...
kneedrag

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:45 am

kneedrag wrote:Now if I posted this in RCG I am sure that would add to a warning ticker...

Yer banned! :lol:
RCModelReviews

Next

Return to Non-RC