Gruvin9x alternative 9x mainboard PCB - FrSky Telemetery

If you want to see a product reviewed on RCModelReviews, make your suggestion here and, if there's enough interest, I'll see what I can do.

Re: Gruvin9x alternative 9x mainboard PCB - FrSky Telemetery

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:01 pm

Hi Peter,
Sorry for the delay
I attached the screen with extra strong double sided tape on top of the turnigy label.
Attachments
Wire Mod.JPG
Wire Mod.JPG (185.83 KiB) Viewed 2007 times
TelWire.JPG
TelWire.JPG (197.31 KiB) Viewed 2007 times
Tel Sc.JPG
Tel Sc.JPG (185 KiB) Viewed 2007 times
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Re: Gruvin9x alternative 9x mainboard PCB - FrSky Telemetery

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Mon May 21, 2012 5:03 pm

With regard to the FLD-02, it could do with a software upgrade if you turn off the RX the readings on the screen just freeze they don't disappear like they aught to, also if you don't have anything plugged into your analogue 2 port on the Rx it reads a random voltage on the FLD-02.
However one really good thing about it is:-
I was flying at the Club field surrounded by oilseed rape, which is horrible and impenetrable, a flyer lost his plane in the field and we had a hard time finding it, because the crop makes it impossible to see or move around.
I am using Frsky telemetry which gives RSSI signal strength, it occurred to me before flying I would see if I could locate my plane (in the pits) by putting the transmitter in low power range test mode and looking at the RSSI signal.
Yes it worked and it gave a very directional homing in signal (with the aerial horizontal).
So everyone with RSSI can use this trick to find lost planes in crops and woods.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Previous

Return to Suggest a review