Charger accuracy/safety?

If you want to see a product reviewed on RCModelReviews, make your suggestion here and, if there's enough interest, I'll see what I can do.

Charger accuracy/safety?

Postby Reegor » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:36 pm

Thanks for the great site and the hard work.

It seems that chargers are an important link in the Lipo safety chain. I've read that some are inaccurate on their voltage - there's a big difference between stopping at 4.25 versus 4.15 volts. Any data and discussion you have on this topic would be useful.

Let other sites sites cover the "features" of different chargers - accuracy and safety is something you are uniquely qualified for.
Reegor

Re: Charger accuracy/safety?

Postby Flash1940 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:22 pm

That also was my concern when I purchased my charger.....which was a bit more expensive than some of the others. I have a Bantam e-station.....BC-6 from .... http://www.rcaccessories.com/ . I kinda wish I had gotten one a little bigger.....maybe a BC-8 or so.
When you read about this charger/ballancer....you will be soon convinced that it is a very dependable....safe and accurate charger. Putting batteries on "storage charge" is a breeze. Also with all the chemistry programs on board, you will be able to charge any type of battery pack or even one cell.
The charging is finished when the correct dV/dT parameters are met.
Mine is one of the older models....there have been some improvements since. I don't think you will find a better.....more convenient charger with any other brand. Wouldn't hurt to check them out....

Flash
Flash1940

Return to Suggest a review