OpenLRS radio control system

If you want to see a product reviewed on RCModelReviews, make your suggestion here and, if there's enough interest, I'll see what I can do.

OpenLRS radio control system

Postby CrashingDutchman » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:15 am

You might want to have a look at the OpenLRS (Long Range System). It's an open source (hardware/software) radio control system designed by Flytron in Turkey.

The Long Range should be taken with a grain of salt. The system is based on the HopeRF RFM22B. It is transmitting at 100mw in the UHF band (433MHz) and range is probably limited to the range you get with a standard 2.4GHz system (3-5KM?). Flytron has a 7W booster available to extend the range. They will come out with smaller boosters (500mw if I am informed well) that will give you plenty of range.

Like I said, the hardware and software are open source. You can write your own code or just use the code that it comes with. It support I2C connections (I have a Wii Motion Plus ready for it, waiting for my programmer to arrive and test the WM+), so anything that supports i2c can be used with the receiver.

For more details, I would see visit their website that I mentioned earlier...

Looking forward to see what happens with this.
CrashingDutchman

Return to Suggest a review