RCTimer

Have you had really good or really bad service from a supplier? Tell everyone here.

RCTimer

Postby ADI » Sun May 30, 2010 3:53 am

Here's another Hong Kong vendor http://www.rctimer.com that we've used a few times for brushless motors, Escs etc. Good prices and the interesting thing is that shipping is included in the price. To New Zealand, shipping takes about 20 working days. They also have an Ebay store http://myworld.ebay.com/rctimer
Has anyone else used them?

Cheers
ADI

Re: RCTimer

Postby Daedalus » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:08 pm

I have made a couple of purchases from RCTimer.
No problems, though compared to the likes of Hobbyking, you don't have the same freight options or tracking info.
I was a bit nervous with my first order and only made it for $20, but all worked out fine.
The orders I have made have taken around 2 weeks on average.

I would recommend them

Wayne
Daedalus

Postby NOZ69R » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:40 am

Daedalus wrote:I have made a couple of purchases from RCTimer.
No problems, though compared to the likes of Hobbyking, you don't have the same freight options or tracking info.
I was a bit nervous with my first order and only made it for $20, but all worked out fine.
The orders I have made have taken around 2 weeks on average.

I would recommend them

Wayne

+ 1 here too. I have used them a couple of times for only small items under $20 as I was worried about them.

I would recommend them especially with some items having Free Shipping.

Cheers

Noz
NOZ69R

Postby weberstefan » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:02 am

Shipping time to Vienna, Austria is only 1-2 weeks.
They will send even the smallest orders (no minimum value when I last ordered).
I recommend them.
Stefan
weberstefan

Postby Daedalus » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:12 am

Just recieved an order (free freight) from RCTimer yesterday (Tuesday), that was ordered last Wedneday, so it shows to me these people are aware that its the freight times that are one of the big issues that many buyers are complaining about.

Best place to buy your Deans connectors
Daedalus

Postby pushinoldrc » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:37 pm

I have been purchasing brushless motors and ESCs from them for around 9 months now, and I have never had a problem with them. Shipping to S.E. US is around 2 weeks. I can always count on getting exactly what I order in a timely manner. The quality of their products seems top-notch as well!
Bryan
Landing is one aerobatic maneuver that MUST be perfected!
pushinoldrc

Postby crampy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:15 pm

I've just put an order in for some 2200kv+ brushless motors. Payment done and got an email from them saying it was received. Will be interested to see how long it takes to get here. Looks good so far anyway.
crampy

Postby Father Time » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:18 am

I too have ordered from these people. Above all else "they will answer your emails!" Transaction with them was very smooth - - complete with tracking #. I am not seeing that much of a differance between what they sell and most other Hong Kong vendors.

Picked up a selection of their APC style E-Props. Seems a very good product as they where balanced well, although they do seem to be a just a slight bit softer in composition. This in itself may not be a bad thing as they may take a little more abuse especially around the tip. As I have not run one up yet, I can not tell if they are going to feather out like the older, softer nylon props used to. You still cannot beat the price!

In so far as shipping goes, I find the Asians can get their product across the pond very reliably to Canada in 3 to 5 days. Now if Canada Post would take a lesson or two from them it might not take a month to move a package 1 province over from its landing point. I do not know what the other postal services in different countries is like, but I have to tell you "OURS SUCKS."

Winter is coming - - must build for spring - - need parts - - Canada Post be-damned!

Happy landings everyone!
Father Time

Postby kaptain_zero » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:40 am

For the record, Canada Post can't deliver the package until Canada Customs releases it. I get stuff from Hong Kong all the time and most of it ends up at the Vancouver Customs port where it sits.... and sits.... and sits.... for up to a month or more before they give it back to Canada Post for delivery. In stark contrast, I've had some packages arrive from HobbyKing via Swiss Post which takes longer to get to Canada but it enters Canada in Montreal where Customs passes it through in a matter of minutes instead of months.... Once released, it's at my door in Winnipeg in a matter of 1 to 2 days. I realize I've dredged this thread back up after some time, but at least winter is finally releasing it's grip on my throat and it's possible to go outside without a parka for a change!

And yes, I too have been happy with the service from RCtimer, they are very quick to ship!

Regards

Christian
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby aDutchy75 » Mon May 09, 2011 2:04 pm

+1 for RCtimer! Great store and you get prompt reactions to emails.
So far i've made 5 orders with them, €145 euro spent there and nothing was defect or burned out soon after. Delivery from Hong Kong to the Netherlands in 2-3 weeks.
One thing I really like about them, you can ask for a specific KV value on their engines! They will make it for you. And the magnets they sell are really really strong!
http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=go ... wt&gcat=91
aDutchy75

Next

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)