HobbyKing/HobbyCity

Have you had really good or really bad service from a supplier? Tell everyone here.

Re: HobbyKing/HobbyCity

Postby disco stu » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:44 am

I placed an order on the 13th october, it finally appeared in the tracking yesterday as posted on the 15th october (meaning 10days from posting till up in tracking, long wait). Hoping that it hasn't gone through Zurich and Russia and wherever else those packages are meant to have gone.

I did read something on the hobbyking forums about the tracking numbers given showing what post service they are going by, and I though Swiss post was meant to have a "SP" at the front of the number on the HobbyKing website? Anyone confirm or deny?
disco stu

Postby disco stu » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:02 am

Update on the above. Just checked again:

The item (RB########HK) is being processed for departure from Hong Kong as of 26-Oct-2010.

Its been sitting there for 11 bloody days :evil: Not real happy about that. Its not that I get annoyed by things taking a while to get from OS to here, its when they sit there doing nothing for 11 days that I get a little annoyed. Cause they still have to get all the way to aus from there
disco stu

Postby Flash1940 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:03 am

I just wonder.....If a company was a bit short on operating capital and could borrow, interest free, from customers for 30 days....or maybe they may have another scheme we've never heard of. I sincerely hope they aren't doing this sort of shady stuff. Remember they have your money instantly through your credit card company......and you (me in this case) do NOT have the items you ordered.
Just doesn't look good does it???

Flash
Flash1940

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:12 am

I think part of HK's business model does involve customer-derived financing.

All those items which are paid for but on back-order must represent a pretty sizable chunk of cash just sitting in HK's coffers.

It's also a great idea to pre-announce products (like the Orange receivers) and take paid orders in advance. It then allows you to front up to the manufacturer and say "here's $xxx,xxx in cash we can give you immediately -- now let's talk about you dropping your price."

However, the bottom line is that HK are ridiculously cheap and they have changed the hobby market enormously.

Sure, some orders are screwed up, some product is faulty with little chance of replacement or repair and some times customer-support are nowhere to be seen -- but the vast majority of people get what they ordered and it represents stunning value for money when compared to the same product purchased at your LHS.

However, I still say -- never spend more at HK in a single order than you're prepared to write off to experience.

Things *do* go wrong sometimes and when it comes to "putting things right", HK is still not a stellar performer.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Flash1940 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:23 pm

How's your weather down there Bruce???

Windy & dry here in Kentucky.
Here's some email tracking that came in last night....

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Foreign International HONG KONG 10/24/10 2:48pm
Dispatch
Origin Post is
Preparing
Shipment

Foreign Acceptance HONG KONG 10/20/10 9:25am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flash
Flash1940

Postby disco stu » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:16 am

I talked to the live chat mob about my order. They said its printed and waiting to be packed down at the warehouse, not sure if thats a standard response to shut us up until it hopefully is printed and packed though :D
disco stu

Postby pushinoldrc » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:15 am

Destination - United States of America
The item (RB237157727HK) left Hong Kong for its destination on 27-Oct-2010
Landing is one aerobatic maneuver that MUST be perfected!
pushinoldrc

Postby Ampair » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:17 am

In HobbyKing's favour, I put in an order on Wednesday at about lunchtime, it was shipped in about 3 hours and I had it in my hand at 7:15 Saturday morning. That impressed me.
On the previous Sunday I had made another order, no Li-Pos, no back-order. It just left the factory after 8 1/2 days. :( I do not see any trace of Zwiss POS in the shipping process, which is a cheery thought. :D
Despatch time is pretty variable apparently.
Ampair

Postby disco stu » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:41 pm

Was that a turnigy 9x? I ordered one, got sick of wondering why it wasn't packed and posted and couldn't get them on the live chat. Made a comment in the forums under order support and got contacted that day. Turns out there was a "mistake" and they were listed as in stock when they actually wern't. It got posted yesterday... Finally. And my package I have been waiting "long time" for finally arived as well. I reakon swiss post would have been quicker
disco stu

Postby AE25 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:49 pm

made a third order. still takes them a lil while to get it posted. hongkong post doesn't tell you much until it's almost arrived.
they gave me two Y-lead sets when i ordered one though. Is it worth mentioning or just more hassle?
-Mark
warbird fan and old toyota's
AE25

PreviousNext

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)