Remzibi's OSD FPV Screen Setup - Love it!!!

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

Re: Remzibi's OSD FPV Screen Setup - Love it!!!

Postby bmsweb » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:11 am

We got to fly again today and I used my mates FatShark and I must say it was far better than just using the screen and I actually flew the model much better. Looks like goggles are a better way to go! Will post some footage when I get a chance to capture it to the PC :)
bmsweb

Postby bmsweb » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:33 pm

Recorded the flight this time but forgot the OSD at home :( In any case this is what the recorded video from the camera looks like.
BTW: During the second flight I got to use my friends FatShark to fly with I must admit it was better then flying with the LCD Monitor. I think not having any light filter in makes the world of difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yej4kPmck9A
bmsweb

Postby Sid Sideslip » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:57 pm

Apart from what looked like a bit of multipathing interference at lake off, it all seemed to work quite well there. The lens and camera is surprisingly good, given the low price.

Also, lols at you forgetting the OSD, especially given the title of this thread. :lol:

Starting to think seriously about getting some goggles. The FatShark, although a bit pricey certainly seem to offer the best bang for buck atm, though the new Dominators would be no good for me, as I really need that IPD adjustment (even some binoculars don't fold together closely enough for me).

Meh, time to tie the credit card to the old triangle and give it another thrashing.
Last edited by Sid Sideslip on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
What goes up...better bloody stay up (until I say otherwise).
Sid Sideslip

Postby bmsweb » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:22 pm

Sid Sideslip wrote:Also, lols at you forgetting the OSD, especially given the title of this thread. :lol:

Yes that would be me Sid! forget the main thing :lol:

I only live a about 5 mins from that park, but we were going out with the wife's family for lunch and if Thomas and I didn't get home on time we would have been dead. I actually made some last minute changes to the OSD before leaving home and that's why it was left behind. The other problem with FPV is you take so much crap with you to the airfield. Now not only do I use the boot of the car but we need room in the back seat for additional stuff so its easy to forget things.

As far as goggles go, I've ordered a cheap pair from ebay and will see how they go when I get them. I plan on transferring them to Ski Goggles as the FatShark are crap to wear and felt like they are about to fall off. As far as credit cards go, Thomas now wants his own FPV gear . . so its getting complicated . . I seem to be charging batteries all the time now.

I'll also post some video from the KeyChain Camera I had mounted on the Bixler.

What's been really good is flying with Thomas and I connected with both TX's, so you have the security of knowing if you get into difficulty the other person can take over. Its interesting in that Thomas is without a doubt better at FPV than I because he is far more relaxed and seems to even handle the low level flying well.

We are still learning a lot as we go. Our next video will include the new Antennas and this time I may even actually connect the Bloody OSD :oops:
bmsweb

Postby rogueqd » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:37 pm

bmsweb wrote:What's been really good is flying with Thomas and I connected with both TX's, so you have the security of knowing if you get into difficulty the other person can take over.
I'm wondering about that. My wife was pleased when I said I'd "take her for a fly" to test the video gear, but she can't fly so I need to find a 'buddy' from somewhere.
rogueqd

Postby Oops » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:25 am

bmsweb wrote: I plan on transferring them to Ski Goggles as the FatShark are crap to wear and felt like they are about to fall off. As far as credit cards go, Thomas now wants his own FPV gear . . so its getting complicated . . I seem to be charging batteries all the time now.

Let us know how you get on with the goggle conversion. I sometimes think of taking the FatShark apart because my head is too big I think. Difficult to see the corners at times.
Oops

Postby bmsweb » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:10 am

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay in getting this video up but I forgot to take the DV Camera last time so I never actually recorded any footage from the FPV Camera or the OSD. Today we took the DV Camera and recorded the footage from the Remzibi OSD. Obviously there is some quality loss but it all works fine. I still haven't made any antennas up as yet so what you are seeing is from the standard HK Gear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkon0AnBFX0

The arrow home and airspeed are fantastic! It really make FPV flying so easy and no issues with getting lost or losing your bearings etc. I'm buggered so off to bed I go :)
bmsweb

Postby Sid Sideslip » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:18 pm

Seems to work well, thanks for that. Looking forward to getting my gear installed and up and away.
Sid Sideslip

Postby bmsweb » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:21 pm

You will be really happy with it Sid and because you configure the screen yourself you'll be comfortable with the layout. In all honesty as a newbie FPVer, I find it much easier and less stressful to fly with the OSD.
bmsweb

Postby Sid Sideslip » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:31 pm

bmsweb wrote:You will be really happy with it Sid and because you configure the screen yourself you'll be comfortable with the layout. In all honesty as a newbie FPVer, I find it much easier and less stressful to fly with the OSD.

I've already downloaded the software and have been fooling around with the layout while waiting for the OSD to arrive. How long does it take to get a fix with the GPS btw? A lot depends on how well that GPS sensor works.
Sid Sideslip

PreviousNext

Return to FPV