ArduPilot any good?

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

ArduPilot any good?

Postby dannyzz » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:42 am

I was looking at getting the ArduPilot system for my plane just wondering if they are any good ?.http://store.diydrones.com/ArduPilot_Me ... apm-01.htm
dannyzz

Re: ArduPilot any good?

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:42 am

Just one comment that may be helpful: Make sure you buy the most up to date board if you get one and all the other interface boards you'll need in one go.
My experience was buying a board just as they made it obsolete, even the circuit diagram was out of date and interfacing with the stabilisation and other boards was impossible as they had changed everything.
I ended up having to write my own software on another similar board and also use the FY-20a stabilisation system (that saved a lot of work) I have put the project on the back burner for now, but I did get to run around the neighbourhood with my laptop a lot getting a rudder servo to point at my house! (For testing purposes for the GPS return to home function).
Last edited by BillGriffiths100 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby ergocentric » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:42 pm

BillGriffiths100 wrote:but I did get to run around the neighbourhood with my laptop a lot getting a rudder servo to point at my house!

one never knows when a rudder servo will get kidnapped
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby ergocentric » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:44 pm

Buy an ardiuno, right now, learn it, it's simple.
$30 well spent
http://arduino.cc/
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:11 pm

one never knows when a rudder servo will get kidnapped

?????????????
Its cold up there I guess!
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Return to FPV