Another Noobie

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

Re: Another Noobie

Postby Hallmark » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:49 am

Hey Will one more question buddy.

Does it matter which way/direction/orientation (other than the side with the writing facing down) I mount the FY31-AP GPS module?
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby WildWill » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:56 am

Sorry for the late response... I must be asleep at the wheel. :D No special orientation that I know of other than right side up. I have heard of people having troubles if the gps is too close to other components. :|
WildWill

Postby Hallmark » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:57 am

All good man got it sorted and almost ready to maiden.
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby A10FLYR » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:26 am

Ok now Will......time for the next installment!!!
Dean,
A10FLYR

Postby cynr100 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:08 am

A10FLYR wrote:Ok now Will......time for the next installment!!!

Plus one there Will, missing your vids............... :D
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby WildWill » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:38 pm

Whoops, I sorta stalled out there. Weather here has been crappy but that is no excuse, just needed a kick in the but to get me going. :D Must get into the garage and get everything all sorted out and ready for flight.
WildWill

Postby cynr100 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Yes please :D :D :lol:
Finally got my first vid up yesterday, not FPV but I'm on my way now :D :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isS89us6y1o&feature=plcp

Have been watching your weather and it is crap time of the year for you, so don't be in a rush to get wet :lol:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Hallmark » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:08 am

Hey Will I bought the rePlay XD 1080 and Skylark AAT so should post a video as soon as its all here. Had to scrap the raptor for a penguin. Will post soon.
Hallmark

Postby WildWill » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:12 am

Just a heads up, I got the plane back in the air. Took the plane up yesterday with a friend on the goggles. Went for a little bit of altitude and was able to get to 6000+ feet without any issues. Will be trying for 10,000 feet here shortly. :D

Another FPVer contacted me here in the area with a bunch of questions recently. He was able to get his plane up and flying today and got under the goggles. His systems are all running and RTH is working great on his rig. I'd be willing to bet he breaks three miles before the end of the week. :P
WildWill

Postby Hallmark » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:14 am

Brilliant Will. I'm about to announce a huge surprise, but keeping it all hush for a while longer. Can't wait for video!
Hallmark

PreviousNext

Return to FPV