Nova OSD

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

Selling NOVA OSD in need of minor repair

Postby mkuvy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:50 am

Yesterday I was trying to fix a loose contact between the main board and the GPS module, and accidentally popped off the connector on the GPS module. I don't have the soldering skills to fix this, so I'm selling the OSD.

The price is $90 USD "buy now" or your best offer above $60, in which case the highest bidder will "win" the OSD in 1 week. Shipping from New Zealand is not included. PM your best offers.

Soldering back the GPS connector (or, better yet, a couple of servo leads, as I already converted the other end to servo wires) is the only repair needed. Otherwise all OSD features work perfectly [on my EZ*], including PA/RTH.

Current sensor, IR sensor, GPS module, the button and the wiring is included.

This OSD has 1.0 firmware, but I already ordered another NOVA and the updater, and I'll flash the new firmware before shipping.

Full disclosure: this OSD was in plane that had a nose-first crash a couple of months ago, from which one of the capacitors on the main board became loose. It was replaced in a professional repair shop, and it is unnoticeable. Since then both the plane and the OSD made successful trips to 10km and back.
DSC01297.jpg
photo1
DSC01297.jpg (145.07 KiB) Viewed 7034 times
DSC01298.jpg
DSC01298.jpg (130.89 KiB) Viewed 7034 times
mkuvy

Re: Nova OSD

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:35 am

I never heard anything from the company that makes the Nova (whoever they are) so mine sits in the corner of the workshop awaiting the time for me to see if I can fix it.

Clearly they are selling enough of them not to need a review ;-)
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Re: Nova OSD

Postby Danger Mouse » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:09 pm

Hey Gang

Sorry for the late reply. I am hoping my new Sirius turn up this week so I can start installing my equipment. I will let you how it all goes.

Cheers

Jase
Danger Mouse

Previous

Return to FPV