My FPV Setup

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

My FPV Setup

Postby zann68 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:53 am

This is my FPV Base Station I have been working on. One reason for all my questions on antenna's & making voltages work for so many different items. Waiting on my Antenna Tracker Pan & Tilt to come in. I have an Eagle Tree Diversity hidden in the bottom. have 2 RC305 HobbyKing, The TV/Monitor 7" Lipo/12volt $34.00 Amazon "really!",VuPoint Solutions Digital Video Converter - Black (DVC-ST100BZ-VP) w/ 16gig card $17.95 Amazon, Card was $8.00 Ebay, the Goggles $124.00 Ebay, Explorer 4419 Hard Camera Case Waterproof Black Air Tight $54.99 w/shipping Ebay, Voltage display $4.00 w/shipping, main fuse holder, master kill switch and component switches. Waiting on my 2 new 11.1volt 5000mah Zippy batteries to come in also, Zeikos ZE-TR67A 67-Inch Full Size Photo/Video Tripod. Still need to add the mount to the box :). I wanted to get a digital gauge like my voltage to monitor my mAH consumption but no luck on that yet. My wife looked at this Box and I quote "I don't think thats something you want to take on a plane." :lol:
DSCN1756.JPG
DSCN1756.JPG (69.78 KiB) Viewed 16707 times
Last edited by zann68 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calm down!! Gravity has been checked, and it's still working
zann68

Re: My FPV Setup

Postby francoishaha » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:48 am

can you tell me the dvr name and or description, im realy seeking for this.
nice set-up by the way ;)
francoishaha

Postby zann68 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:50 am

francoishaha wrote:can you tell me the dvr name and or description, im realy seeking for this.
nice set-up by the way ;)

Thanks. Yeah the DVR is by VuPoint. It requires only 5v and works with PAL & NSTC formats. It works great
VuPoint Solutions Digital Video Converter - Black (DVC-ST100BZ-VP) $17.95 NEW on Amazon
zann68

Postby Hallmark » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:16 am

Nice work mate, I have the same case and was thinking about setting up an FPV viewing and recording station in it and you have just confirmed my intention.
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby zann68 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:44 pm

Hallmark wrote:Nice work mate, I have the same case and was thinking about setting up an FPV viewing and recording station in it and you have just confirmed my intention.

Thanks, it worked out great! Yea this case has plenty of room for all that you might want to do. When done flying I just shut off the master switch put everything in it's slot and snap the case shut. My tracker in mounted on a Tripod and same for it fold it up and away I go. I was hoping that other FPV'ers will show how they got there setup on this thread also.
zann68

Postby Hallmark » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:11 am

zann68 wrote:I was hoping that other FPV'ers will show how they got there setup on this thread also.

I'm going to start putting mine together soon mate so I'll do a set of build posts with all aspects of the build, materials and how I fitted them. It might well take a few weeks though because I am new to this sort of thing and don't want to rush into it thereby stuffing it up ;)

Anyway I look forward to hearing input from you and anyone else that has or is currently into this form of FPV set up...

Thanks again great build!

Hallmark

PS: I'll set mine up with two ideas in mind. The first is to provide me with an option other than using my goggles and the second to allow spectators the ability to see what's happening in real time... :arrow: :geek:
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby zann68 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:17 pm

Hallmark wrote:
Hallmark wrote:The first is to provide me with an option other than using my goggles and the second to allow spectators the ability to see what's happening in real time... :arrow: :geek:

Right. Thats what I did. The monitor right there in view for anyone wanting to watch. My goggles are sitting in that right front slot. Keeps them safe when not in use and easy for me to find :D Can't wait to see how you do yours. May see something I can use.
zann68

Postby zann68 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:05 pm

Well I had to revamp the FPV station a touch. The switches I ordered would not lite up - was sent 110's not 12v switches - fixed. The goggles were killing the 2 AA's it used - fixed that. The googles now work off the main battery with a voltage reg to drop the 12v to 5v now. I found here in South Alabama the sun made it hard to see the spectator screen. So I made a sun screen held on my rare earth magnets and it works great. My FPV station is basically done. Hope to see other FPV'rs setup here also :D
Attachments
Optimized-DSCN1827.JPG
Optimized-DSCN1827.JPG (31.58 KiB) Viewed 16580 times
Optimized-DSCN1817.JPG
Optimized-DSCN1817.JPG (21.79 KiB) Viewed 16580 times
zann68

Postby WildWill » Wed May 09, 2012 9:37 pm

That is really nice! Mine is just spaghetti all hanging on a cord....lol. I figure I'll make mine super nice once I know what all components I want to use long term. ;)
WildWill

Postby Hallmark » Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 pm

Very nice set up mate, I will get onto mine soon, just dealing with the plane build at them moment and once I get some FPV time under my belt with the AXN and backpack I'll get onto the portable station build.

Again, very nice job! 8-)
Hallmark

Next

Return to FPV