My FPV experience is about to begin (Build Thread)

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

Re: My FPV experience is about to begin (Build Thread)

Postby WildWill » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:16 pm

Whats the latest update?!? Lets see some video already!

Hehe, gotta raz ya cause my plane is now toast so I've got nothing else to do at the moment. :lol:
WildWill

Postby daveturner2000 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:04 pm

hi all. in the process of building my own backpack. ... got bits coming in from everywhere.

has anybody else had a go at building a bruce special with the cloverleaf and everything? I would love to see some comparisons with other less experienced guys like myself.(cos i dont think mine will look like his one!)

videos or photos would be awesome.

so far I have the bones of a cloverleaf made with the wrong co ax, but bruce has set me straight there. will post pics of my build as i go.
daveturner2000

Postby daveturner2000 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:41 pm

dont worry, i found some pics. should have looked harder
daveturner2000

Postby WildWill » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:28 pm

Hey Hallmark?! You still around there bud? Whats the scoop on this project?
WildWill

Postby cynr100 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:14 am

HM has been quiet, will see if I can give him a nudge and find out about his new project, Icon 5 :-)
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Hallmark » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:15 am

cynr100 wrote:HM has been quiet, will see if I can give him a nudge and find out about his new project, Icon 5 :-)

Yes I have been quiet, which some may class as a blessing :lol:

I will post pics of my new Parkzone Icon A5 that I bought from www.modelflight.com.au a few weeks back. As the weather here has been really crap I have only been able to fly a few times and I limited that to my AXN in case rain spoils the moment (ergo limiting my potential losses).

I will post progress of my Raptor, but until I receive some assistance setting up the FY-31 AP I'm afraid the maiden won't be happening.

Will can you possibly send me pictures of your 31AP wired up? Someone else was going to do it, but alas I'm still waiting :lol:

More soon folks...
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby WildWill » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:19 am

Sure thing there Hallmark! I'll get in there in just a few minutes.

EDIT: Alright, damnit I just tried and couldn't get a macro shot, everything is so far out of focus it's worthless. I'll see if I can't some up with something better. :(
WildWill

Postby Hallmark » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:36 am

WildWill wrote:Sure thing there Hallmark! I'll get in there in just a few minutes.

EDIT: Alright, damnit I just tried and couldn't get a macro shot, everything is so far out of focus it's worthless. I'll see if I can't some up with something better. :(

Cheers mate, my main issue is with the camera and power connections for the OSD and the AP if you can help with that I'd be much obliged. :D
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby Hallmark » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:32 am

Hello again all,

Well I have some developments in my build to share with you all. Yes I've been absent of late, but the tumour I had in the frontal lobe took some doing to remove and the recovery was quite long. :| they say I'll be a changed person now so let's see.

Anyway, here goes...

I have received and assembled my Immersionrc 600mw Tx/Rx from Bevrc.com. Let me say their delivery times are the best ever and their prices were better than anyone else I found. The units are great and I have had them connected and working through brick walls three rooms away in my house.

I'm writing this on my iPad so I cannot upload the pictures, but I will when I'm home. I'm having an issue getting the Hornet OSD working, but I'll look at it when I get home from Uni and see what's what.

I hope to maiden in the next week or so now that spring has sprung. More later on.

PS: I'm kidding about the tumour - it was suggested I get a frontal lobotomy but I told my wife to get a life, I like being an asshole!!! :D
Hallmark

Postby Hallmark » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:07 am

Here's the picture of the Tx/Rx.

FPV Tx-Rx.jpg
FPV Tx-Rx.jpg (71.42 KiB) Viewed 16403 times

Today I went to the hardware store and bought some aluminium poles and plastic fittings to use for the elevation, I will post photos of my creation in a day or so.
Hallmark

PreviousNext

Return to FPV