Everyone please look at this

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

Re: Everyone please look at this

Postby Hallmark » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:08 am

Looks like I might charter a few dozen flights about eight weekends a year and on ANZAC day. I could use Tokoroa as a conference point for our companies which might also include several instructional sessions per attendee in light aeroplane touch and go, circuits and other aerodrome specific operations... 8-)

Just a thought... Turbine flyers beware I don't like people who are sneaky and underhanded!
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby cynr100 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:28 am

[quote="RCModelReviews"]

It seems that they have decided that convenience comes before safety and the best way to ensure that is to take-over as the domicile club at the Tokoroa field.

quote]

Ah, the priviledged few, may pulex of mille venit pervasor suum ala
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:15 am

Thousands of fleas invade on the wing...
These are people who previously came by invitation as guests of the SWMAC, and didn't help clear up etc?
Didn't pay anything and now want a cosy deal with the council for their fast heavy jets...
Pretty much says it all!
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby RCFlyingKiwi » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:57 am

Hey Bruce, so sorry this mess has resulted in your ban. Good luck in getting it resolved, surely common sense must eventually prevail.

In the meantime the Auckland Lloyd Elsmore flyers unclub would like to invite you all to come up here and fly with us one Sunday morning. Leave your Wings badge at home, don't bring any grumpy old men, and we can guarantee the fun police will be previously occupied inspecting a crashed AXN Floater in the Botany Downs shopping center carpark.

We really have only rule, electric only, and who would ever want to fly over 400' AGL anyway or fly a nice model out of sight. Other than that just come and do your thing. We even have a trophy you could compete for. The Hawk Trophy is awarded from time to time for excellence in the abuse of flying objects. I no longer hold it but I'm sure the current holder would love to get rid of it. It is quite famous and well traveled having been held by an English (Kent) flyer for quite shocking abuse of a once beautiful 50 sized Spitfire.

Good luck....
RCFlyingKiwi

Postby Hallmark » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:10 am

RCFlyingKiwi wrote:Hey Bruce, so sorry this mess has resulted in your ban. Good luck in getting it resolved, surely common sense must eventually prevail.

In the meantime the Auckland Lloyd Elsmore flyers unclub would like to invite you all to come up here and fly with us one Sunday morning. Leave your Wings badge at home, don't bring any grumpy old men, and we can guarantee the fun police will be previously occupied inspecting a crashed AXN Floater in the Botany Downs shopping center carpark.

We really have only rule, electric only, and who would ever want to fly over 400' AGL anyway or fly a nice model out of sight. Other than that just come and do your thing. We even have a trophy you could compete for. The Hawk Trophy is awarded from time to time for excellence in the abuse of flying objects. I no longer hold it but I'm sure the current holder would love to get rid of it. It is quite famous and well traveled having been held by an English (Kent) flyer for quite shocking abuse of a once beautiful 50 sized Spitfire.

Good luck....

Looks like a great offer Bruce and they have less rules than SWMAC lmao. Notice they do not mention fun as a rule? That's the secret I think..... Nice work ALEFU, kudos and all the bells and whistles. 8-)
Last edited by Hallmark on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:25 am

Looks like a great offer Bruce and they have less rules that SWMAC lmao. Notice they do not mention fun as a rule?

Slight drawback 406 km round trip, you know how Bruce is in a car "are we there yet" every 1/2 Km!
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby Hallmark » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:40 pm

BillGriffiths100 wrote:
Looks like a great offer Bruce and they have less rules that SWMAC lmao. Notice they do not mention fun as a rule?

Slight drawback 406 km round trip, you know how Bruce is in a car "are we there yet" every 1/2 Km!

:D
Ok here's the solution Bill:

FPV Backpack attached by Velcro to the roof of the car with Fatshark's worn by Bruce. Hornet OSD and 4S NiMh AAA battery pack to run it so mAh meter decreases as the car travels. Of course Ron will have to drive and the Doc will need to observe Ron driving while Bruce wears the goggles. This way Bruce should sate his FPV desire, the safety police will be happy and it is possible no fun will be had... :? :?:

By the way, nice way to "Billup" Dennis' avatar I think you should email it to him and he should adopt it from here on out. Who said nothing good would come from this fiasco??? :lol:
Hallmark

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:12 pm

Poet.jpg
Senior.jpg
He can lift it straight from the image if he wants that's where I got his, and yours...
Last edited by BillGriffiths100 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:29 pm

Woken from my slumber again with an over active mind.
This all could very well come down to the SWDC looking upon the landing strip (I shall refuse to call it an "airport" anymore, the word conjurs it up to be something bigger than it is :roll: )
as a money making venture drive by the moguls from NZJMA with promises of riches from "8 weekends a year and one 3 day event", really wow :o :!: :!:
The writing is on the wall that should NZJMA be given control over the strip, they will at sometime in the near future approach the council for facility upgrades. And who burdens the cost :?: , the townspeople, because someone from out of town has said "this is a fantastic facility and the council would be well advised to make some improvements for the enjoyment of all".
If the blowhards from NZJMA want the facility, let them buy it.
For the sake of Tokoroa townspeople one would hope that the SWDC do their own figures on costs and income.
That a side, how many members of SWMAC contribute to the local council by being residents and how many from NZJMA-SIG.

If the jet rabble are flying there this weekend, I'd be down there with my camera filming for all I was worth, Bruce. The best part, they can't stop you :twisted: .

Only words and not much help, just maybe someone will read this and a light will go on. :)
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:24 am

The irony of me filming the jets is that quite a few of their number resent the fact that I might earn a bit of coin from my YouTube videos without paying them anything for the "privilege" of filming their planes.

One of the biggest moaners in this regard is a (now former) model-shop owner who really got his nose out of joint that I'd be making money out of "his" flying and the hobby.

Uh... hello -- do they not have the word hypocrisy in his dictionary.

He has since sold his hobby shop -- but the new owner (nice guy) still charges $10 for a Spektrum/JR bind-plug.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

PreviousNext

Return to FPV