Everyone please look at this

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

Re: Everyone please look at this

Postby AltechMYOB » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:02 pm

cynr100 wrote:"I'll link this forum topic so if you have time on your hands you can dig further into this pile of dung:

http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/forum/vie ... =48&t=1847

Thanks... had a quick look, didn't read it all. It would've been good to download a copy of the FPV video they took down... without a copy, "what video? - I see nothing, I know nothing".

All things considered, that Bruce (et al?) provided facilities, (they were doing the upkeep) made them welcome, gave over the air space/runway and even provided materials + repairs for their jet models for free, it beggars-belief what has gone on.

They wanted it for themselves, so they're effectively taken it, with the willing help of the local council... doesn't matter how you look at it there's some very serious machinations taken place. The relevant officials should be held accountable.

Puke... a pox upon them. :twisted:

AND/OR a model jet plane enema.
AltechMYOB

Postby jchtr3a » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:08 pm

Bruce,
In light of recent events with the MFNZ and SWIM, perhaps forming your own group would be best. Free and clear of any restrictions or grumpy old men. Membership could be both global virtual members, as well as locals there. All you need is a place to fly and a name. With apologies to Ron and his plane, I believe I have a name for the group. How about-----Free And Autonomous Club of Unrestricted Enthusiasts of Model Flying NZ? That would be the FAA CUE MFNZ, for short. We get stickers made up with the club letters, sell them, we put them on our models, you get the proceeds to help continue your videos and reviews, and we start a movement against this type of tyranny by clubs round the world. We fly our colors around the globe, and put a great big knot in the panties of the grumpy old men of the MFNZ. We make them cartoonish and pitiful in their petty vendetta.
I've seen others here and elsewhere testify to the fact that they were drawn to, or drawn back to the hobby, by your videos. I being one. Back after almost half a century.
I believe that we could show them that they have caught a tiger by the tail. Humor and ridicule can work wonders in toppling even the mightiest of bureaucracies.
jchtr3a

Postby Hallmark » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:14 pm

I like the cut of your jib, but do tell me, where did you gt that pic of Dennis in his youth???
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby cynr100 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:48 pm

Hallmark wrote:I like the cut of your jib, but do tell me, where did you gt that pic of Dennis in his youth???

:o :shock: .............................. :lol: :lol: if only I looked that good :mrgreen:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Sampey » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:50 pm

jchtr3a wrote:Bruce,
How about-----Free And Autonomous Club of Unrestricted Enthusiasts of Model Flying NZ? That would be the FAA CUE MFNZ, for short. We get stickers made up with the club letters, sell them, we put them on our models, you get the proceeds to help continue your videos and reviews, and we start a movement against this type of tyranny by clubs round the world. We fly our colors around the globe, and put a great big knot in the panties of the grumpy old men of the MFNZ. We make them cartoonish and pitiful in their petty vendetta.

Im an artist by trade, and a proudly free model flyer, following the old principles of being relatively sensible and not hurting anyone, ive never joined a club because of just this sort of bollocks, but, PLEASE form this club, i will join in a second and design your stickers or any other art you require for free, dam it would be cool to have that acronym on my projects!
Hell, if you dont mind i might start using it anyway?
Common sense will not accomplish great things, simply become insane and desperate - the hagakure.
Show a little vision people! - Me
Sampey

Postby Sampey » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:59 pm

Oh and MFNZ have a facebook page, it only has 97 likes hahahaha, i took the time to politely thank them for embarrassing the model flying fraternity in New Zealand, and remind them why so many fly with friends informally or alone rather than submit to their system. They're a joke and a dinosaur.
Common sense will not accomplish great things, simply become insane and desperate - the hagakure.
Show a little vision people! - Me
Sampey

Previous

Return to FPV