Everyone please look at this

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

Re: Everyone please look at this

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:24 am

The jets are almost all "visitors" to the field and operate under the auspices of their own SIG.

What has surprised me most is that with the exception of just two within their ranks, they've failed to openly support the SWMAC -- despite the fact that for six years we've made our facilities available to them, mowed a huge grass area (which is actually at the other end of the field from where we fly), provided them with hangarage for their models and I personally have given them all sorts of "spares" (at no charge), machined up new undercarriage components or fixed broken ones and generally bent over backwards to support their activities.

The club has regularly forgone its own flying activities for entire weekends to allow the jets to fly without having to dodge slower models and yet (with only a very few exceptions) yet, they have not paid a bean to our club for all their efforts and the use of the facilities and few of them have even said "thanks" before they pack up, go home and leave us to tidy up their mess.

Now, instead of getting open support for our situation, they're making specious statements such as "do you seriously think that a 400 gram foamie couldn't take someone's eye out?" -- which is a comment made by a guy whose own 150mph F16 turbine exploded into pieces right over the top of the dirt-bike track while there was a race on -- showering those below with model parts.

It seems that you never find out who your real friends are until you need their help I guess.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Malcurin » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:39 am

a friends of mines foamie weighs less then that and can do 230 kmph i bet that would do alot more then take an eye out
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
AXN with 6x4 prop .... AWESOME!!!!!!!
Canterbury Sailplanes Jazz 60 and Eraser 60
Dyna-flight Butterfly ( under construction )
Malcurin

Postby kaptain_zero » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:15 am

All the best Bruce, hope you guys and gals get things sorted out to the SWMAC's advantage. After all, being a non-resident member, I take this sort of thing personally.

I've been quite jealous of all the fun you guys have... Where I live, it's the same old crap, no fun, just fud.

What next, RCGUTT?

Best regards,

Kaptain "What me worry?" Zero
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:41 am

Malcurin wrote:a friends of mines foamie weighs less then that and can do 230 kmph i bet that would do alot more then take an eye out

When you do the math, an AXN flying at a modest speed (as depicted in most of the "low and slow" flying vids) has significantly less kinetic energy than a football or basketball thrown in a pass.
RCModelReviews

Postby Malcurin » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:25 am

this is true at least the axn's prop is in a relatively safe place that i it did hit someone it would have to be a stroke of bad luck and slow reactions from the pilot to actually cause more then a bruise plus i read the statement wrong earlier i read it as the total opposite of what it actually says i guess it depends on the Model and the pilot as with anything

as for the original topic of this thread ALL clubs have fun i just think they are picking on you guys because You have made the videos and placed them online, for all to see and the fun parts of the weekends are the pieces people want to watch, I hope they don't try and shut you down as you and the other guys there really are enjoying your selves and NOT in a Completely stupid way i still see common seance happening in the videos which is the most important part of it all and if it does go pear shaped you could always join up with the Australian clubs and start a New Zealand chapter :P
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
AXN with 6x4 prop .... AWESOME!!!!!!!
Canterbury Sailplanes Jazz 60 and Eraser 60
Dyna-flight Butterfly ( under construction )
Malcurin

Postby S-rob » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:55 am

from an absolute novices perspective...
Wont all this just p8ss people off & force some to fly outside any clubs control.
My local flying site has guys flying over soccer games , rather than wait till the field is empty. That cant be a good thing .
Especially since the local RC club flying site is only 15 minutes away.

I thought some of the RC Club rules, are just a bit silly. That must be partly why so many DONT sign up & fly (illegally) elsewhere.
S-rob

Postby Bazzarevhead » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:10 pm

Monday 11th. June....came back for a second look at the offending video....err it seems to have vanished into thin air...perhaps one of those wind generators sucked it in...which is what it deserved LOL :D :D :D
Bazzarevhead

Postby FlyingTiger » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:46 pm

S-rob wrote:I thought some of the RC Club rules, are just a bit silly. That must be partly why so many DONT sign up & fly (illegally) elsewhere.

I am also reluctant to join a club but I live in a major metropolitan suburb and there are very few open spaces. All the parks with soccer fields have 10 year-old soccer players on them (gee, imagine that!), and even if there are no kids, the fields just aren't that big. There is an abandoned subdivision 2 minutes from my house. It's fairly large with paved streets to use for a runway but no houses built. It's surrounded by tall pine trees and one end has really TALL high-tension power lines. I was flying my Bixler yesterday and I became intimately acquainted with the power lines. I had to wade through thick brambles and thorny bits, getting my legs well bloodied, but I got the plane back. I did lose the canopy and my keychain camera, but I'll be damned if I want to got into those briers again. I have a 1400mm P-40 that I refuse to fly because of my lack of space so it looks like I will end up getting my AMA license and join the club. But I loath the thought of having to adhere to random rules when all I want is to have fun.
Gear up and locked!
FlyingTiger

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:13 am

Bazzarevhead wrote:Monday 11th. June....came back for a second look at the offending video....err it seems to have vanished into thin air...perhaps one of those wind generators sucked it in...which is what it deserved LOL :D :D :D

Seems an awful lot like an admission that MFNZ were doing exactly what they accuse the SWMAC of doing -- giving the hobby a bad reputation through the depiction of rule/law-breaking videos.

At least they had the commonsense to take it down (albeit after it had been there for a long, long time).
RCModelReviews

Postby Hallmark » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:41 am

RCModelReviews wrote:
Bazzarevhead wrote:Monday 11th. June....came back for a second look at the offending video....err it seems to have vanished into thin air...perhaps one of those wind generators sucked it in...which is what it deserved LOL :D :D :D

Seems an awful lot like an admission that MFNZ were doing exactly what they accuse the SWMAC of doing -- giving the hobby a bad reputation through the depiction of rule/law-breaking videos.

Yes, but they did not have any fun at any time and the video was loaded while wearing full safety kit and personal protective equipment so that mitigates their error does it not? :roll:

I wonder how it feels to be MFNZ and also hold the title of the most laughed about organisation in the modelling world right now??? :oops: Shame MFNZ Shame...!
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

PreviousNext

Return to FPV