RF noise reduction

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

RF noise reduction

Postby francoishaha » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:00 am

Hello again,
i just wonder what are the best way to get rid of the rf noise caused by the motor, ESC, and all the stuff inside the plane.
I know that ferrit ring can help... is there a specific place to place it and/or is ther better solution?

What i do for now, i place the video transmitter as far as i can from electric component, and i roll a ferrit ring around the ESC throttle wire.
francoishaha

Re: RF noise reduction

Postby Hallmark » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:50 am

My understanding is that the ferrite rings need to be placed as close to the device that is causing the problem as possible.

Apparently a ferrite ring will help get rid of interference on the wires you install it on, not eliminate radiating interference. If you are having RC link problems, the best thing to do is separate your RC Rx from the video Tx, camera, etc. (from another forum post).

Will look for more info.
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Re: RF noise reduction

Postby francoishaha » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:03 pm

Thanks Hallmark. Actually my RC Rx is on left wing and video Tx or right wing, as far as i can. I dont have RC link probleme. There is a ferrite ring close to my gps, perhaps another ferrite ring close to the VTx would be a good idea?
francoishaha

Return to FPV