FPV (First person view) NEED HELP! No More!

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

FPV (First person view) NEED HELP! No More!

Postby trc1000000 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:15 am

Hi

My name is Thomas and I have recently brought a BEVRC 5.8ghz 200mw tx/rx combo which is exactly the same as the Hobby King one.
It will not work? I have tried all the channel switch configurations specified on packaging and it still won't work and have re soldered all connection that were specified on 682's channel on Youtube I have also based my system of the six eight two's FPV system on Youtube using the following components for my FPV set up:

BEVRC 5.8ghz 200mw tx/rx combo
    BEVRC CP antennas
    $17 Hobby King camera
    2x Nano tech 460mah 3s batteries

And I am trying to test the viewing part of it on an old TV on the AV channel at the moment.

PLEASE HELP
Last edited by trc1000000 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trc1000000

Re: FPV (First person view) NEED HELP!

Postby rogueqd » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:12 am

Off the top of my head here are some things to check...

When setting the channels, it's the little black dot that shows the switch position, it's easy to read it as the white part that's the switch. Double check your channel settings.

Double check your wiring between the receiver and the telly. Are you sure you soldered the video and ground to the correct places? Same with the camera connector. Sorry to state the obvious stuff, but that's usually the problem.

For mine I wired the red and black wires in a three way connection to the battery, camera and the small plug on the transmitter. Then a yellow wire from the camera to the large plug on the transmitter. You can also wire the battery to the small plug on the transmitter and then red, black and yellow all from the large plug on the Tx to the camera.

Lastly, what about connecting the camera directly to the telly? Does that work? (battery power to camera, yellow and ground to telly)

I hope this helps.
rogueqd

Re: FPV (First person view) NEED HELP!

Postby trc1000000 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:01 am

Hi
Thanks for the response.
I contacted somebody in my local rc flying club and they managed to figure out it was a faulty camera that was the problem.
Yours Tom
trc1000000

Return to FPV