Clover leaf build

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

Clover leaf build

Postby Meebert » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:22 pm

Hello guys, I am pretty new to FPV, I bought a basic transmitter and receiver and wired to my gopro it seems to work good so far. The only problem I'm having is the antennas aren't giving me hardly any range, about 100 feet. I am setting up the FPV system on a car and when I get it working I'd like to replace my beaten down bixler and fly FPV. A few small details I thought I'd add the transmitter is mounted away from most other electronics but it sits right next to the motor (a large 40x65mm motor), and it sits on top of an aluminum plate. I just thought I'd throw a list of potential interference factors out there although the biggest set back might be that I'm on the ground. Anyways I was looking for a build guide for the clover leaf antennas and I haven't found one. Also the tx/rx is the same as this guy I bought it on ebay http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... x_Set.html

thanks for the help 8-)
Meebert

Re: Clover leaf build

Postby cynr100 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:03 pm

This maybe what you are looking for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yohKRzMA ... ature=plcp
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Re: Clover leaf build

Postby Meebert » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:31 am

Pretty interesting build, I was surprised at the end you just solder the cabe to the transmitter I was expecting a threaded connector, but that sounds fairly irrelevant compared to the technicality of bending the copper wire. Another nooby question will the clover leaf have the same signal strength at any angle? it will probably lay almost horizontal if the clover can sit directly behind my motor I think it would be most protected. I'll try and watch the rest of the video series to learn a little more, thanks for the help though :)
Meebert

Return to FPV