Silence isn't golden!

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

Silence isn't golden!

Postby Iwade » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:46 pm

Yes I am another new comer to fpv but have been flying RC for many years.
To start me off I purchased the HobbyKing 500Ghz 200mw fpv kit. I also bought on Bruce's reccomendation the Security 2000 Sony board camera. It all went together on a backpack aboard a Bixler 2 . My main problem so far with the equipment is I cannot get the sound to transmit. According to the HK product description the Tx has a built in microphone. Should this then automaticly transmit sound to my monitor ? Also on the Tx wiring harness there is a spare green and a white cable one of which I think is for audio. What are these for? I have blanked them off with a piece of heatshrink for the time being.
Now I know many pilots prefer no sound when flying. I like to hear the reassuring sound of the motor respond to throttle and, more importantly with motor off use the sound of the slipstream as an indication of airspeed when gliding and thermalling.
Any advice would be much apreciated. By the way the Sony camera does not have audio.
Iwade

Re: Silence isn't golden!

Postby WildWill » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:04 am

Here ya go, hope this helps.

On the product page check the bottom of the page for the tabs. This is located under files with some other stuff.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 821X33.pdf
WildWill

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:10 am

The inbuilt microphone transmits audio with no further wiring required, if it's on the board you should see a small cylindrical object with a furry brown or metallic mesh on the top.
The receiving end is where the sound comes out on the white plug, you can run it into an amplifier with speakers, I have used one that was meant for an I pod really cheap and runs on separate batteries.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby Iwade » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:45 am

Me a cul pa - all my fault! Discovered that one of the stereo chanells on my monitor is dead - of course that is the one I had plugged into! Now using the other stereo input and it is fine.
Thanks for replies and help - now I know what the white lead is and I like the idea of linking to an amp and speakers.
Thanks again
Iwade

Return to FPV