Movie editing software

If you've seen a cool RC video on YouTube and you think it's worth sharing with the rest of us, post the link and a brief description here so we can all have a look.

Movie editing software

Postby Oops » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:11 pm

Hello all,

I have seen some great film footage of you guys on YouTube and itch to do the same. In particular now that I have many hours of movie recorded with the Horyzon and other, lower resolution, cameras.

I need to edit them to take the boring bits out and also to combine the different flights and different resolutions in smooth short movies and add some music, on screen comments and the odd effect between shots would be nice as well. This will be followed by loading it to YouTube.

I use an IBM compatible pc, not an Apple. Anyone who can suggest what is an easy software package so that this dummy can even work with it.

Many thanks.
Oops

Re: Movie editing software

Postby cynr100 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:11 pm

Windows Movie Maker, very simple (comparatively speaking) and free with Windows 7. Takes a bit of navigating around to workout what button does what, there is no simple tutorial that I could find. You can remove sections, add music, add text, change brightness, adjust speed and a whole host of special effects. Just wish you could zoom in.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Return to YouTube RC videos worth watching