Lipo Battery for Turnigy 9x (2xThrustfire) How to solder?

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: Lipo Battery for Turnigy 9x (2xThrustfire) How to solder

Postby Keith » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:32 pm

I did the mod and all went well until I tried to solder the 8.2 resistor in place.... Completely messed it up and thought I had bricked the Tx... Got it back together and all seems to be working... The beeping has stopped but I'm getting a constant voltage display of 13.1v... It's a bit of a problem but I will probably fix it with an add-on volt meter...

If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby Arduino » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:04 am

I wont make a mod with the resistor.

Just made the low drop regulator mod.

And flashed er9x firmware where i can set the voltage alarm for myself on a lower voltage, and i can see the true voltage of the battery pack all time.

In my optinion that is the better...
Arduino

Postby John_Edward » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:26 am

Keith wrote:I did the mod and all went well until I tried to solder the 8.2 resistor in place.... Completely messed it up and thought I had bricked the Tx... Got it back together and all seems to be working... The beeping has stopped but I'm getting a constant voltage display of 13.1v... It's a bit of a problem but I will probably fix it with an add-on volt meter...

You sure messed up the SMD components there.
For your safety, grab a multimeter, and check that there is no connection between the two green parts I have marked to the image; the part circled in red seems like there might be a solder bridge there.

Also, the path I have marked in magenta is the one where the resistor is.
Measure the Ohm's there, if it is working like stock, it should say 5.1k Ohms, but it seems like the resistor is completely misaligned and actually connected to the capacitor on the wrong side.

Humanity is conformity
Conformity is society
Society is this reality
John_Edward

Previous

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)