Transmitter Mode....3?

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: Transmitter Mode....3?

Postby disco stu » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:11 pm

I fly mode 3, which as I understand it is the same but opposite to mode 2. When I first came back to RC, I just couldn't handle the 2 sticks moving all over the place. I also flew full scale after I flew RC as a younger tacker
disco stu

Postby pete139 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:19 am

Good to know there are others using mode 3... phew! :)
pete139

Postby Shotglass » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:39 pm

ergocentric wrote:One of the better IMAC fliers around here flies mode four, so I asked, he said rolling circles were much easier

by the same token though piroflips with a heli are much easier on mode 2 and 3

I fly mode two, like my instructors

like probably most of us do and theres nothing fundamentally wrong with learning whatever mode the guy teaching you uses
except maybe if you have wild 3d flying aspirations and want to make sure from the start that you have the "ideal" mode for 3d with either planes or helis
Shotglass

Postby ergocentric » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:34 pm

Just to make sure we are all on the same page, mode 1 and 3 are throttle right, mode 2 and 4 are throttle left, the the difference lies in if the aileron or rudder is with the elevator.

since I'm right handed I like the elevator on the right edit: and the importance of modes is the pre-defined mixes like throttle cut and dual rates otherwise just move the servos and ratchet
Attachments
tx mode.png
tx mode.png (5.84 KiB) Viewed 6544 times
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Previous

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)