I'm new to RC and bought an AXN

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: I'm new to RC and bought an AXN

Postby cynr100 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:21 am

quarry44 wrote:Must chuck that thing in the air some time,I've had it probably 9months) :oops:

I agree, hurry up :lol: :lol:

I have a Turnigy Dlux 55A 3.5 SBEC I use in my 450 Titan, it has never gotten warm or let me down. The only issue I have is with size (especially for helis), it has a very large heat sink.
Have a look on eBay for Titan 40A 3v SBEC, I picked one up (to replace the Dlux) for AUD$25 incl postage from an Aussie seller, let me know if you are interested and I can give you seller details.
My HK450 will be powered by a
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=27883
As long as I can find the "user manual" somewhere :shock: :? :lol:
Cheers
Dennis
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Bio Hazzard » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:56 am

Ok, so the external switching bec would plug into one of the receiver ports to give it power? I'm assuming that if I plug it into the throttle port the sbec would have a pass through for the throttle connection. Then does the sbec also need a connection to the battery along with the esc? I'm still a bit confused :?: Also are becs from here better than most? And if so which one would you recommend, I'm the type of flyer who does loop after loop centimeters from the ground with full throttle through the whole flight. And would it be worth waiting for one to ship to Australia (I hate having to wait for shipping too :() or is there some australian seller I don't know of that would have a nice solution?
Bio Hazzard

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:36 am

(can it be trusted :?: )

No not really, I have an ESC that isn't supposed to have a SBEC but does!
The best thing is to assume it won't have a SBEC unless it specifically says in the blurb and on the ESC, the ones with an SBEC have a squarish lumpy ferrite coil that you can see through the heat shrink, but you have to know what your looking for.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:09 am

Bio,

Here is a schematic that will make Bills' direction a little clearer:

Schematic5.JPG
Schematic5.JPG (40.9 KiB) Viewed 15406 times

If you dont have a "Batt" port on your ESC any vacant channel port should suffice, don't forget to cut the red wire connecting the ESC to your throttle channel......right Bill :?: :?: :)

And just to confuse you more......... :? ............ the real thing

BEC connection 001 640 + Text.jpg
BEC connection 001 640 + Text.jpg (46.83 KiB) Viewed 15406 times

I take no credit for these pics, they helped me so I stole them from the "net" for you 8-) :lol: :lol:

Cheers Dennis
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Bio Hazzard » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:09 pm

Any good ubec / sbec in aus warehouse. All I could find was this but it seems underpowered for 4x10g digi servos that my axn uses. Or maybe an sbec like this would be better (sbecs are better than ubecs right?)
Bio Hazzard

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:07 pm

(sbecs are better than ubecs right?)

Yes only use a switching battery eliminator circuit
The second one 4/5 amps would do fine.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby goly » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:52 pm

i have seen some axn with fiber tape on the tip of the main wing
like those pic:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb8/ ... G_0059.jpg
http://cholo.republika.pl/images/floater_2.jpg
http://www.efly.co.il/forums/attachment ... 1290545333

for what is it good for?
goly

Postby Bio Hazzard » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:12 pm

Fiber Tape is mainly used to prevent bruises to the foam and as makeshift hinges when control surfaces come loose. My guess is they were worried about damaging the main wings? Probably 90% of fliers won't need fibre tape in those locations.
Bio Hazzard

Postby goly » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:12 pm

launching the axn:

AXN steup:
bat 1000\2200 mAH
cam behind the canopy 29.4g: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__17200__HD_Wing_Camera_1280x720p_30fps_5MP_CMOS.html
all other like the AXN in the tutorial

i have seen in forums that i should use only 1/2 throttle to do the launch but my axn arch dive to the ground even with 3/4

what is the best way to launch the axn

BTW
i have tired to some FPV with the 5.8Ghz 200mW at the back part of the fuse, i haven't thought till today that the CG is important, it was hard to get it of the ground and even to fly stable, it was funny see the axn trying do some loop and crush landing
goly

Postby cynr100 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:14 am

75% throttle and throw hard at 45deg up angle. They will ground launch with 100% throttle in 20m but need a slippery surface and good rudder control.
The AXN does nose down when applying sudden throttle increases, wing aerodynamics takes over when air speed increases.

Has anyone tried changing the motor thrust angle :?: .......................hmmmmm I feel an experiment coming on 8-) :lol:
cynr100

PreviousNext

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)