I'm new to RC and bought an AXN

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: I'm new to RC and bought an AXN

Postby goly » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:05 am

cynr100 wrote:Have you checked your transmitter (Tx) for servo end point adjustment, not sure what transmitter you are using but search your settings for "EPA" and make sure all channels are 100%
Cheers Dennis

at the moment i have HK6S transmitter
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=16239

1) what do you think about those?
2) what are you using?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... de_2_.html
goly

Postby cynr100 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:10 am

Goly,
I have no experience with your Tx but a quick look around HK store reveals that no end point adjustment (except throttle) is available for that unit. So your lack of elevator movement is either mechanical or you have a dodgy servo.

I use a FlySky TH9x, SmartieParts board and backlight, er9x firmware and eePe program for updating. If you want to know more about this type of setup go to
http://9xforums.com/forum/index.php?sid ... 28a1e7e849
Essentially this arrangements gives you similar capability as your 3rd choice unit at a price that wont break the bank :D
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby goly » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:16 am

cynr100 wrote:I use a FlySky TH9x, :D

where have you bought this system?
or should i get the turnigy 9x
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ware_.html

i noticed that turnigy 9x mode 1/2 have different antenna& mode 2 come without module, why?
goly

Postby cynr100 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:37 am

I bought mine through AliExpress.com
It is from the same family of 9x transmitters (Eurgle, iMax, Turnigy) essentially all that differs is the badging. I got impatient waiting for HK to get stocks of the Turnigy in. Mine cost USD$92 freight free, slightly dearer than the HK Turnigy 9x.
The biggest difference, if you are wanting to upgrade later to say telemetry or a failsafe system, is the FlySky module is not hardwired as the Turnigy 9x is. I can swap out modules as easy as plug n play. The wired module on the Turnigy necessitates a DIY upgrade (note that they now sell a Tx without a module for a slightly less price).

Someone will probably correct me on this but all the info I gleaned tracking down a 9x, that I didn't have to wait months for, indicates that the FlySky is the original 9x that all the others are based on.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby drg964 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:35 pm

goly wrote:
drg964 wrote:Otherwise you may have the same issue I now have where the rod cable bends just beyond the servo. This is caused by the wire being bent (I'd had some beauty crashes :P )

that's my problem, what have you done about it?
i think i should channel the sleeve through hot glue, but i will have to cut my AXN at the bottom

I've sourced a replacement rod cable (cheers cynr100) and will try to fix it by replacing the bent cable with that.

I suggest you put the word out locally and see if there is anyone nearby to assist. Which part of the world are you in?
You can call me Al
drg964

Postby drg964 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:40 am

drg964 wrote:
goly wrote:
drg964 wrote:Otherwise you may have the same issue I now have where the rod cable bends just beyond the servo. This is caused by the wire being bent (I'd had some beauty crashes :P )

that's my problem, what have you done about it?
i think i should channel the sleeve through hot glue, but i will have to cut my AXN at the bottom

I've sourced a replacement rod cable (cheers cynr100) and will try to fix it by replacing the bent cable with that.

Its' been a lazy Sunday so while the Wife was watching movies I decided to see if the rod cable could be 'repaired'.

After carefully prising off the horn from the rudder and disconnecting the servo end I was able to pull the rod cable. There was resistance at first and the issue was clearly identified when I pulled it out. Where the AXN tail had been glued back I noticed that the rod cable was bent, there was glue on the sheathing and the sheathing was cut at the same spot as where the rod was bent.

To fix it I removed the rod from the sheathing and was able to bend it back straight. Putting the rod cable back into place inside the AXN was turning out to be a drama so I decided to operate and cut to the right hand side of the top seam.

This exposed the internal and it was a breeze to reinsert the rod cable although this time I made sure the rod moved smoothly when in place.

I simply glued back up the cut, which has made the AXN look now like a Frankenstein lookalike but the rudder is now working as it should without the rod cable bending when the servo moved it.
You can call me Al
drg964

Postby goly » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:05 pm

i have found the problem with the elevator
it was the bolt of the servo, was tight very strong with some TL glue on it
works better now

more over
i have aligned my ailerons using the middle hole of the horn, most be done for the PNF version

will fly next week,
hopefully it will fly better now, like you could saw in the video

next to be build:
my own low cost telemetry system with 1602LCD screen.

BTW i am from Israel

thank you all :D
Last edited by goly on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
goly

Postby Hallmark » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:48 am

goly wrote:i have found the problem with the elevator
it was the bolt of the servo, was tight very strong with some TL glue on it
works better now

more over
i have aligned my ailerons using the middle hole of the horn, most be done for the PNF version

will fly next week,
hopefully it will fly better now, like you could saw in the video

next to be build:
my own low cost telemetry system with 1602LCD screen.

BTW i am from Israel

Nice work mate - well done. We look forward to reading more about your experiences with the mighty AXN lol
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby Bio Hazzard » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:07 am

Anyone got info on charging NIMH batteries on the Turnigy Accucel-6? I don't quite fully understand how delta peak charging works. The battery seems to just keep on charging until I am forced to stop charging due to dangerous temperature levels. I'm trying to charge these batteries Turnigy AA LSD 2400mAh Low Self Discharge.
Bio Hazzard

Postby goly » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:00 pm

goly

PreviousNext

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)