I'm new to RC and bought an AXN

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: I'm new to RC and bought an AXN

Postby cynr100 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:51 am

Maiden is out till next Monday at least:
http://www.eldersweather.com.au/qld/nth ... and/cairns

That RC Sub is looking really good:-)
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby cynr100 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:39 am

Small window of opportunity to maiden today, YAHOO!!
One small circuit completed with a wingover landing, all good, pilot nervous. :shock:
2nd attempt, half a circuit, pilot froze, AXN floats but is not water proof. I picked the only tank to have clean water :lol:

Will break out the hair drier tonight and get back on the horse tomorrow, rain permitting.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Hallmark » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:45 am

Good work mate. I retired my first AXN yesterday after bouncing it 4 feet with a nose first landing. Film on YouTube look for HallmarkAust channel...
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby msev » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:33 am

Can someone measure for me the internal width of the fuselage and height from the bottom of the internal space to the top of the plane (with the canopy removed).
msev

Postby Hallmark » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:46 am

Do you want to know for battery size?
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby cynr100 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:18 am

While I'm waiting for mine to dry out hahahaha!!!!
DSC08339.JPG
DSC08339.JPG (30.51 KiB) Viewed 21543 times

Hopefully this helps, the depth is an internal measure.
cynr100

Postby cynr100 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:51 am

Hallmark,watched your vids wish I was that good.

If you didn't break a wing it should be flyable, grab some tips fom Ron at SWMAC he can make a rubbish bin flyable.

My little excursion today appears to have killed 2 servos and the motor, guess I'll be waiting on the next HK delivery.
The good news is "she who must be obeyed " has approved of another purchase (bullshitted her with global financial calamity and the need to buy at the bottom of the market, THAT or I go to the pub every Saturday!!).
cynr100

Postby Hallmark » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:24 am

cynr100 wrote:The good news is "she who must be obeyed " has approved of another purchase (bullshitted her with global financial calamity and the need to buy at the bottom of the market, THAT or I go to the pub every Saturday!!).

Love your work :lol:

Thanks for the compliment, but I don't know that the flight was that good unedited. The AXN is easy to fly though...

The fuse is broken, the wings snapped and the tail has broken in half behind the original break. So retirement is the only choice...

That said I have another already and I will buy some servos this weekend and put it together. The good thing is I can perform an autopsy on the old one and see where there is support and where a spar or two could be inserted. I noticed the magnets in the motor started to come out does anyone know if they can be glued safely into place? I also saw that the only glue holding the motor in was between the face of the motor mount and the motor and there was very little at that, so I might remove this one and glue it more evenly.

I will post an autopsy report when done and show pictures of what's where and what I think could be done to reinforce these bad boys while maintaining aesthetic integrity...
Hallmark

Postby cynr100 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:31 am

Finally flew today, short hops until I realised the elevator was reversed :oops: :lol:
Managed to get in a few laps and the guys from work have a few short vids, will post to YouTube when they hand them over (have got to do some exercise, am I really that fat!!)

Hallmark, :mrgreen: , I placed that much tape around the cockpit area after each flight I'm sure I changed the CG, was running a 1300maH instead of the planned 2200 as the extra space was taken up by a 55amp ESC, still waiting for a HK parcel to arrive. Will be looking at a CF spar both sides of the cockpit and one on the centre line running past the motor.

My new purchase arrived from HK in 4 days (wish my TX/RX was that quick, still waiting 4 weeks) and I can't fly as it requires aileron mixing, my current TX is incapable

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... g_Fly.html

Not exactly a trainer but by the time I bend and rebuild the AXN a few times I should have a new TX/RX and be reasonably capable.....................well maybe!!

Hallmark, on your magnet issue I remember this happened to Bruce (one of his vids) and he carried on eventually resulting in a blown ESC, economics should rule in this case the original motors are cheaper than an ESC.
cynr100

Postby quarry44 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:16 pm

I seem to remember someone mentioning the magnet issue.They were just glued back in place with superglue.
I'll be getting an axn on my next order,and I'll make sure I include a spare motor!
quarry44

PreviousNext

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)