I'm new to RC and bought an AXN

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: I'm new to RC and bought an AXN

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:27 am

Let me stagger over to my field box....
Zap-o foam safe Ca
Pacer technology
www.zapadhesives.com
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby Hallmark » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:39 am

BillGriffiths100 wrote:Let me stagger over to my field box....
Zap-o foam safe Ca
Pacer technology
http://www.zapadhesives.com

Thanks.
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby cynr100 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:46 am

BillGriffiths100 wrote:Let me stagger over to my field box....
Zap-o foam safe Ca
Pacer technology
http://www.zapadhesives.com

Thanks Bill, I will check it out. Didn't recognise you out in the storm, thought it was summer your side of the globe :D :D :lol: :lol:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:34 pm

thought it was summer your side of the globe

Summer in England!
wall.gif
wall.gif (904 Bytes) Viewed 16793 times
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby Hallmark » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:38 pm

BillGriffiths100 wrote:
thought it was summer your side of the globe

Summer in England!
wall.gif

The land of liquid sunshine. :lol:
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:06 pm

Uktoday.JPG

BillGriffiths100

Postby jchtr3a » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:27 pm

Got a new AXN w/motor only, today from HK Intl whse. Beautiful plane. It was a puzzle getting it unboxed. Seems they turned the lid of its' box inside out somehow and used it for the shipping carton. I took all the parts out of the box. Fiddled with it a little, and noticed that the motor would not turn. Something internal was keeping the shaft from spinning. At least I didn't find this out after wiring it up and turning it on. I sent HK Support a note and filed a report. While putting the fuselage aside to store until I build it, something fell out hitting my foot on the floor. Looked down and had to get a light and magnifying glass to find two, very very tiny nuts that must have been loose inside the motor. The shaft turns freely now, but I'm wondering if those belong in there, and are just loose, or if they got in there somehow by mistake. Added to my ticket with HK support to ask the question about the nuts. I've never taken a motor apart, so I have no idea if there are any nuts inside or not. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that when I apply power to the thing, it runs right.
jchtr3a

Postby quarry44 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:27 pm

There definitely should be NO nuts inside the motor.Make sure they are not the ones holding the motor to the mount.Otherwise you could have a very short maiden flight.
Now you know what Chinese quality control is:There ain't none :mrgreen:
quarry44

Postby Hallmark » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:44 am

jchtr3a wrote:Got a new AXN w/motor only, today from HK Intl whse. Beautiful plane. It was a puzzle getting it unboxed. Seems they turned the lid of its' box inside out somehow and used it for the shipping carton. I took all the parts out of the box. Fiddled with it a little, and noticed that the motor would not turn. Something internal was keeping the shaft from spinning. At least I didn't find this out after wiring it up and turning it on. I sent HK Support a note and filed a report. While putting the fuselage aside to store until I build it, something fell out hitting my foot on the floor. Looked down and had to get a light and magnifying glass to find two, very very tiny nuts that must have been loose inside the motor. The shaft turns freely now, but I'm wondering if those belong in there, and are just loose, or if they got in there somehow by mistake. Added to my ticket with HK support to ask the question about the nuts. I've never taken a motor apart, so I have no idea if there are any nuts inside or not. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that when I apply power to the thing, it runs right.

These nuts could well belong to the rudder and elevator shaft brass couplings used to connect to the servo arms. Check all your components as these often come loose in transit.
Hallmark

Postby cynr100 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:55 am

Went flying today and managed to keep the nose intact 8-) must be getting better :lol: :lol: :lol:

as to the rest of it well.................................. :o :roll:

S1051557.JPG
S1051557.JPG (45.97 KiB) Viewed 16715 times

In both cases the elevator had very little authority and I was trying to gain height in strong gusts, didn't even get to activate the aileron gyro ...bummer.
Boil the billy and heat the glue gun, she'll be back in a few days. Best I take note of what the tree tops are doing next time :lol: 8-)

These AXNs can really take a beating, particularly from the hopeless :lol: :lol:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

PreviousNext

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)