I'm new to RC and bought an AXN

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: I'm new to RC and bought an AXN

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:02 am

Time to order a new one.
In the mean time cocktail sticks inserted into the foam with foam safe cyano will re-glue the tailplane part.
Cyano and clear parcel tape sparingly applied will repair the wing tip.
Good as n........well not quite!
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:38 am

[quote="BillGriffiths100"]Time to order a new one.
In the mean time cocktail sticks inserted into the foam with foam safe cyano will re-glue the tailplane part.
quote]

Never thought of cocktail sticks, will save my carbon rods for more difficult repairs........ :lol: :lol:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby quarry44 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:40 pm

On my last flight,I couldn't get her to fly straight and level.(Yes,Victoria,I DO do that sometimes!).
I had to keep pushing the stick down to stop it stalling.Flew about 8-10 minutes,then had enough.
When I got home,I had a look around the beast,and found the elevator servo had come adrift.No doubt this was due to my dodgy hand launch,which resulted in the AXN bouncing off the ground quite hard before committing aviation.
So if you have an "arrival",it's best to do a quick check to make sure everything is as it should be.
The hot glue gun was called to action,and all's well.
On another note,a mate who had been out of flying since he was nobbut a lad,bought an AXN on my recommendation.I took it up for him,and after a little trimming,gave him the tx.
He whirled around for a bit,but just when I looked away for a moment,he panicked,and the AXN plummeted to mother earth.The fuse was broken behind the motor pod,and the nose somewhat modified.
I advised him to use hot glue to stick it back together,and despite looking distinctly banana shaped,it flew as well as it did before!The only problem was the prop slipping on the hub,due to using the standard O-ring fixture.
Which proves the point that the O-ring type hub is rubbish with this motor.He had bought a collet type hub,but had not yet fitted it.Once he's fitted that,we'll be back in business.
quarry44

Postby pldb64 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:45 am

Dennis,

You have seen Bruce's video where he flies with only half the horizontal stab right?

You have no excuses for not getting your bird back into the air. ;-)

Go hard or go home!!

Peter
Turnigy 9x, FrSky 2-Way/Telemetry DHT DIY, Smartieparts BRD, ER9x FW
AXN-Floater (stock esc, motor & prop, HK orange 9g servos)
pldb64

Postby cynr100 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:00 pm

pldb64 wrote:Dennis,

You have seen Bruce's video where he flies with only half the horizontal stab right?

Go hard or go home!!

Peter

Yes....but....but.... he's better than me :P . Have no fear she shall be repaired, neither rain nor hail nor sleet shall keep me from my task. The tail boom is the only part that doesn't have a ding yet :lol: :lol:
I did manage to take a video this time, I think I left it at work :roll: I'll find it and post the vids, you'll wet yourself :lol:.

Thanks for the encouragement Peter :D

Dennis
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Hallmark » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:59 am

cynr100 wrote:
pldb64 wrote:Dennis,

Go hard or go home!!

Peter

Yes....but....but.... he's better than me :P . Have no fear she shall be repaired, neither rain nor hail nor sleet shall keep me from my task. The tail boom is the only part that doesn't have a ding yet :lol: :lol:
I did manage to take a video this time, I think I left it at work :roll: I'll find it and post the vids, you'll wet yourself :lol:.

Thanks for the encouragement Peter :D

Dennis

I have another tail plane bro will mail it to you tex me your addy...
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby cynr100 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:09 am

Hallmark wrote:
I have another tail plane bro will mail it to you tex me your addy...

Thanks mate but she's fixed :D next flight should be Wednesday, weather depending. 8-)

Oh and yeah, good to see you back on the forums HM :D 8-)
cynr100

Postby drg964 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:56 am

The box has finally arrived!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Having served my penance by cooking dinner I shall now begin opening it up...
You can call me Al
drg964

Postby cynr100 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:17 pm

drg964 wrote:The box has finally arrived!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Having served my penance by cooking dinner I shall now begin opening it up...

Hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!..........ya big kid, take your time and enjoy. :lol: :lol:

I've had to order a new one, should be here early next week, in the meantime I have a HK450Pro under construction :D 8-)
cynr100

Postby cynr100 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:25 am

My new AXN has arrived, but is hiding under my desk. Have been working on both of my 450 helis and have sorted some issues, I can confidently fly at a height of 50mm :shock: without any damage. :lol: :lol:
Have ordered a KDS Flymentor, for confidence, so will be putting some time into building the AXN until it arrives :D

How are you going with yours drg964 and where have you selected to fly :mrgreen:

Dennis
cynr100

PreviousNext

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)