I'm new to RC and bought an AXN

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: I'm new to RC and bought an AXN

Postby Hallmark » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:45 am

cynr100 wrote:Altitude boy!! Ah Say ALTITOOOOD :twisted:

LMAO :lol:
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:04 am

Video is up now on the XJet channel.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Shotglass » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:50 am

RCModelReviews wrote:Given the size of my mistakes, if I flew by that rule you'd never be able to see the plane!

on the plus side you wouldnt have to live though watching your mistakes either

RCModelReviews wrote:you know that if you do bend them, you can fix them with $0.05 worth of hotglue and be flying again in minutes!

a hot glue gun that runs on butane is easily the most important tool in the epo flyers toolbox
Shotglass

Postby AltechMYOB » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Hallmark wrote:So now where to buy it? I looked on HK and decided against it as 1/ the Australian warehouse was out of stock and 2/ I could get it for $38.99 from another site who offered 3 day EMS delivery. This was the build version Bruce suggested and I am now sitting waiting for the Express delivery to arrive.

Hi guys... I'm in Aus and yet to order my AXN. As you noted the HK version already in AUS is not the right config.

Is your supplier (mentioned above) worth sharing? :)

tnx
AltechMYOB

Postby Hallmark » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:49 pm

I buy from Low Price RC, but they seem to be out of stock. They simply remove the item from the page until stock arrives it seems. You can buy the PNP version but change out the ESC for sure - I've heard lots of bad stories. Have you seen Bruce's three part AXN build videos? If not please watch them all, yes it will keep you seated for an hour or so, but he provides valuable detail that is vital if you want a good AXN (IMHO) and tells you all the parts you will need to order with it.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ouse_.html

This will take you to the one I am talking about and it's in stock so I suggest you order soon because they tend to go fast :lol:

I hope this helps, feel free to PM me if you need more info or look on our other threads for our exploits...

Good luck,

Hallmark
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby AltechMYOB » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:59 pm

Hallmark wrote:I buy from Low Price RC, but they seem to be out of stock. They simply remove the item from the page until stock arrives it seems. You can buy the PNP version but change out the ESC for sure - I've heard lots of bad stories. Have you seen Bruce's three part AXN build videos? If not please watch them all, yes it will keep you seated for an hour or so, but he provides valuable detail that is vital if you want a good AXN (IMHO) and tells you all the parts you will need to order with it.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ouse_.html
This will take you to the one I am talking about and it's in stock so I suggest you order soon because they tend to go fast :lol:
I hope this helps, feel free to PM me if you need more info or look on our other threads for our exploits...
Good luck,
Hallmark

Thanks Green Machine ;) - I've got an AXN with my name on it finally. Odd that that model wasn't coming up in my HK searches... might be some strange bugs floating around in their search engine... I would've missed out on the cheap local freight if it wasn't for your link, so the Bintangs on me ;) tho you'll have to come get it!

I did downloxx err... I mean watch Bruce' videos on the build & will replax err... watch them on-line again as I build. Smallest room for error that way!

cheers with beers :D
AltechMYOB

Postby quarry44 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:17 pm

Hobbyking calls the AXN a "floater-jet".Hence no sign of AXN.It's just become available @ AUS w'house for around 50 bucks.
quarry44

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:02 am

quarry44 wrote:Hobbyking calls the AXN a "floater-jet".Hence no sign of AXN.It's just become available @ AUS w'house for around 50 bucks.

That's a steal -- considering the price of postage from China!
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby quarry44 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:33 pm

Yes,but,oddly,they won't send stuff to nz.When you put in nz as your location,you're automatically shoved back to hong kong.I wonder if Hobbyking actually gets a cut of the postage?Stranger things have happened.
quarry44

Postby Hallmark » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:49 pm

quarry44 wrote:Yes,but,oddly,they won't send stuff to nz.When you put in nz as your location,you're automatically shoved back to hong kong.I wonder if Hobbyking actually gets a cut of the postage?Stranger things have happened.

Isn't there a HK in NZ? If not and someone wants to do the figures and it is cheaper, I am happy to act as an intermediate posting point and have stuff sent to me then I can post to NZ. Again not sure what that might cost, but would have to be cheaper - and faster - than China post. Could do it through PayPal so there's a record of transactions etc...? Just a thought anyway...

Hallmark
Hallmark

PreviousNext

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)