I'm new to RC and bought an AXN

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: I'm new to RC and bought an AXN

Postby joula » Thu May 03, 2012 2:57 pm

cynr100 wrote:bird strike aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh :shock:
Not so much a strike but an attack

Seems this is not your day...
joula

Postby joula » Thu May 03, 2012 2:58 pm

joula

Postby Hallmark » Thu May 03, 2012 4:14 pm

cynr100 wrote:
bird strike aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh

:o :shock: :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :) :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clean up puddle at my feet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: pmsl

GOLD!

Love your work...

Check kit (12 gauge needed)....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh stop it hurts!
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby cynr100 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:08 am

joula wrote:
cynr100 wrote:bird strike aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh :shock:

Seems this is not your day...

Not strictly RC material but wintessed today, natures' payback 8-) . The offending avian was seen off the premises by the local inhabitants (plovers, magpie geese, egrets, kookaburras and a Jabiru), most unlike a sea eagle to establish territory.
Now..........AXN refit time :D

HM, if I took your advice I'd be missing a foot :lol: , I have used up all my luck this year :D
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Hallmark » Fri May 04, 2012 2:10 am

cynr100 wrote:HM, if I took your advice I'd be missing a foot :lol: , I have used up all my luck this year :D

We need to get you a new camera ASAP... Glad to see your feathered friends took care of business for you mate. ;)
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby theeurofoxy » Wed May 09, 2012 9:05 am

well axn mark 1, is being replaced today, partially due to a slight control problem which resulted in it being lodged in a tree about 80 odd feet off of the ground, turns out the slight control problem was the aileron separating from the wing, most likely caused by landing in wet grass about 20 mins before,
So i ordered mark 2, which arrived from HK in about 3 days, really quickly i might add given i am literally on the other side of the planet..

so on mark 2, i am implementing a few changes, on the original i had fibre glassed the nose to protect against damage but all this seemed to do was force the impact zone back which resulted in a lot of wrinkles around the canopy, so i am just going to add some tape and try not to land nose first...
i am also replacing my futaba receiver with a corona one, as its too expensive to loose it up a tree if it happens again, as mark 1 was up there for almost 3 days before it came down by itself...and i am thinking about adding a some longer control rods to the ailerons as i did have a crash which pulled them out of the little holders, which then took ages to re trim as it was quite windy that day...

any ideas about what i could add, i am not going to add any voltage gear to this one, but i am going to buy a kit later this year and might add some voltage protection gear to that, maybe a fpv setup but will see,
theeurofoxy

Postby cynr100 » Thu May 10, 2012 2:56 am

Don't chuck out Mark 1, you can get rid of the wrinkles with hot water. Strip all your addons (tape, fibreglass etc) and let it rest in hot water for about 3 minutes. I have been through yards of tape (fibre reinforced and duct) trying to keep the nose in shape and the wings straight.
Mine has been seriously assaulted once by a Melaluca tree and once by an irate eagle :x , through the miracle of hot water it is ready to go. Wish I had taken before shots but was depressed at the time :cry: Not as bad as Docs (SWMAC) but close.

Repair.JPG
Repair.JPG (52.28 KiB) Viewed 13604 times

Repair2.JPG
Repair2.JPG (31.87 KiB) Viewed 13604 times

Repair3.JPG
Repair3.JPG (27.99 KiB) Viewed 13604 times

I have become very adept at repairs, just wish my pilot skills would follow the same curve :roll:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby quarry44 » Thu May 10, 2012 7:31 am

I had a minor mishap during my last flying session.It was quite windy,and when I launched,the poor AXN got blown upside down!Luckily,I managed to almost right it before an "ärrival".This loosened the motor,but the swift application of a #64 rubber band around motor and pod saw her airworthy once again.I had another 10 minute flight,before the wind got up too much to keep safe control.
We,ve also completed my mate's AXN,so another maiden next monday,weather permitting.
I haven,t had so much fun in years :mrgreen:
quarry44

Postby Hallmark » Thu May 10, 2012 7:41 am

Love to see posts like this...
Hallmark

Postby cynr100 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:54 am

Hallmark wrote:Love to see posts like this...

Yes mate it's all great fun, if it wasn't so windy today I could have videoed another crash :lol: :lol:
cynr100

PreviousNext

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)