Aerodynamic Control

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: Aerodynamic Control

Postby cynr100 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:43 am

All good advice and encouragment. Had another go this morning and bent it again :roll: nothing hot water can't fix :D
I was determined to get height but full up on 3/4 throttle produced speed but no UP, twice this happened (with keycam onboard). I'm going back to the maintenance crew and rip them a new one, grub screw on the control rod did not have enough torque :x . I didn't pick this up until the 2nd event as all looked and worked okay.
Embarassing as it is I have still posted, the boring bits between each emergency landing have been edited :lol:
http://youtu.be/yMdhfecu0t8

This will probably be my last flight at this location, from what I have seen on the vid I'm playing in a shoe box and getting frustrated.

I am grounding myself until:
1/ My 9x turns up and
2/ I can get some decent sim time in and
3/ I have found a club or new field and
4/ I can get some decent sim time in and
5/ I finish demoulding the house (she who must be obeyed has deemed the wet season over) and
6/ I can get some decent sim time in.

:D :D
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Hallmark » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:40 am

I watched, commented and giggled (with you of course).

I left some comments, but for those not watching the Tube: Less throttle seems to work for me. I worked this out by 'listening' to Bruce's take off's that seem to be quiet and smooth. I use about 40% - 50% throttle then tone it back unless I want to climb or it is windy. Throttle and rudder need as much input as aileron and elevator - especially in windy conditions - that's another reason I prefer mode 2.

Have you considered some more sim time? lmao :roll:

The club idea is a good one to get someone to trim it in, sort any mixing and generally get you airborne, but make sure you tell them your intended use of the plane. I asked a glider guy to help me who naturally set it up for gliding, powered planes are set up a little differently of course, so that might help you in that regard.

Otherwise well done mate, can't wait to see the next flight on a really BIG field.

Hallmark
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby cynr100 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:14 am

Are you tempting me to make more adjustments and try/fly again :!: :shock:
Not going to happen, I now have a plan and unless I become a politician the plan is going to happen :lol: :lol: .................... :mrgreen:
In the meantime the 450 heli carcass is being hauled out for a rebuild......... :o
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Hallmark » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:46 am

Okay my friend, but take care and make sure the ambulance cover is in your private health policy :lol:

Hands over a first aid kit with pressure bandages on top!

HMk
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby cynr100 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:41 am

Stage 1/ of the master plan is complete................YAAAAY

Tx2.JPG
Tx2.JPG (31.12 KiB) Viewed 11597 times

Flysky FS-TH9XB

See where to buy or not thread for more................. :D :D
cynr100

Postby Hallmark » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:05 am

Looks great mate, so when are you posting the video??? :lol:

Hey you mentioned the park with the 6 lane highway? Go fly there and you'll be fine, if it looks like it is getting too close to traffic; climb, turn and fly away...

Seriously though I can't wait to see you flying and wherever you select will be a good place I'm sure. I would do the DR and expo settings despite all the chatter, it made 1000% difference to my experience. I think some people missed my point, that being: technology can help us to get to a place where we no longer need it, but if it's there why not use it to get over the bumps?

Good luck mate...

Hallmark
Hallmark

Postby Shotglass » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:11 pm

Hallmark wrote:Hey you mentioned the park with the 6 lane highway? Go fly there and you'll be fine, if it looks like it is getting too close to traffic; climb, turn and fly away...

that is terrible advice for someone who has trouble keeping a plane in the air
Shotglass

Postby Hallmark » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:01 am

Shotglass wrote:that is terrible advice for someone who has trouble keeping a plane in the air

If you read my next line...

Hallmark wrote:Seriously though I can't wait to see you flying and wherever you select will be a good place I'm sure.

I posted before about context in writing, but I at least expected the reader to have some ability to discern between humour and serious suggestion. I also have a rapport with the person I was directing the joke at and I know he won't take his AXN anywhere near the place suggested because he is smarter than that - oh and he has a sense of humour...! :roll:

Perhaps my post should have read: "Hey you mentioned the park with the 6 lane highway? Go fly there and you'll be fine, if it looks like it is getting too close to traffic; climb, turn and fly away..." (This line was written in sarcastica font please disregard this suggestion as it was made tongue in cheek, facetiously and meant as a joke.) :P

Hallmark

PS: And I just woke up so if I misread the context I blame sleepiness...
Hallmark

Postby cynr100 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:07 am

Shotglass wrote:
Hallmark wrote:Hey you mentioned the park with the 6 lane highway? Go fly there and you'll be fine, if it looks like it is getting too close to traffic; climb, turn and fly away...

that is terrible advice for someone who has trouble keeping a plane in the air

It's okay Shotglass, my mate Hallmark was just doing a "pisstake" trying to goad me back into the air. ;)
Be assured that I have no intention of endangering others, smashing up a piece of foam I have no issues, not causing collateral damage in doing so is my main concern.
Unfortunately because we have become fond/addicted to this forum we have sidetracked it as our own personal chatroom, apologies to forum members.
I have no doubt that our witty repartee' shall continue 8-) all in good fun.
PS you'll have to forgive Hallmark he comes from WA :P :lol:
cynr100

Postby Hallmark » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:33 am

cynr100 wrote:PS you'll have to forgive Hallmark he comes from WA :P :lol:

You say that like it's a bad thing Banana Bender... Truth is I was posted there and fell in love with the place - oh and I met my missus there too. ;)

Yes my apologies too if we have taken too much liberty in conversing here...

Jayson
Hallmark

PreviousNext

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)