Building a beginners FPV platform and I need advice please

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: Building a beginners FPV platform and I need advice plea

Postby dannyzz » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:40 pm

As for the autopilot the Ardupilot is alot cheaper than the FY31 AP and you can do alot more with it and it comes in one package not 2 the basic Ardupilot is $199 from DIY Drones
dannyzz

Postby cynr100 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:19 pm

RCModelReviews wrote:Since you're one of the most active participants (Hallmark) on the forums and "keen as beans" -- I'll send you a free FPV backpack and receiver. Email me your address.
:o
Geeez...............I leave the room for a coupla days and you're the teachers pet!!!! :roll: :mrgreen:

Just kidding, well deserved, I'm still laughing at the AXN Spear :D
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Hallmark » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:20 pm

I thought that might bring you back online... :lol:

Thanks mate!
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby cynr100 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:24 pm

Just taking a quiet moment at work, you go for it 8-)

Just be carefull you already have the RAAF offside, don't want no ASIO dobbing yuz inta de C I Ay :twisted:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Hallmark » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:44 pm

cynr100 wrote:Just taking a quiet moment at work, you go for it 8-)

Just be carefull you already have the RAAF offside, don't want no ASIO dobbing yuz inta de C I Ay :twisted:

lmao!

Funny but the RAAF seemed to get all lovey-dovey when I suggested a new site 25 metres and even more so with another 500 metres out of the boundary. So the Squadron Leader and I are mates again... ;)

They have a point in theory, but as I have said in the past I believe the runway in question is only there to justify the ride-on lawn mower (grass surface) and I fly mostly around 400' AGL tops, but safety is paramount and I approached them so...

I'll get up and at it with the 'Spear' again soon and I am 'keen as beans' (new expression :P ) to get the 'Spruce Bruce' and start to build it. I'm leaning towards a Hacker A20-6XL outrunner motor (300W 3500 RPM/Volt) and an 8x4 prop... Comments anyone??

HMk
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Previous

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)