Just wow

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Just wow

Postby Malcurin » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:07 am

I had the best flying day today better then any yet, took my AXN out to Case's airstrip without my instructor and tossed it up, a neighbor o his wanted some o his family taken or a ride in Case's plane so I hung around to help out with them since i had a plane flight the week before i thought good to help out and Case is a top guy so while he was up flying the neighbors in his plane, they come over and ask or a demo with one of Case's planes i said OK but mines in me car, so i went and got it tossed it up with my last fresh battery and flew around with about 20 people watching , nervous as hell ( because of the spectators) and that i am still considered a n00b climbed really high and then done some loops and rolls got relaxed and while coming in or a landing i heard one o them say " what happens i you stuff up the landing" i said this and proceeded to do (my first) and what looked like a textbook touch and go 0_0 then threw it around a bit doing more loops and rolls came in and landed it fairly far away, then "drove" it to my feet, they seamed to like i didn't have to walk to go get it lol, seams like i got this flying an axn down pact so far, got a 6x4 prop on it now and man it makes a difference uses less battery because you just get it up that much aster lol

Thanks
Mike
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
AXN with 6x4 prop .... AWESOME!!!!!!!
Canterbury Sailplanes Jazz 60 and Eraser 60
Dyna-flight Butterfly ( under construction )
Malcurin

Re: Just wow

Postby Malcurin » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:38 pm

Just wow turned into ....... The walk of shame... he he today gusting 60ish kph here thought ill see if i can handle it, short answer NOPE lol wind took my plane about 1km away in under 4 seconds and into a farmers paddock he saw it come in him and I had the same thought, gluing time lol but no didn't get damaged I was lucky so no flying today for me just another important lesson, don't fly in strong winds

but on the bright side he did say it landed perfectly when it did come in So my patented copyrighted awesome perfect landing system- works in any weather $5000 if anyone wants one lol
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
Malcurin

Postby Hallmark » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:56 am

Malcurin wrote:Just wow turned into ....... The walk of shame... he he today gusting 60ish kph here thought ill see if i can handle it, short answer NOPE lol wind took my plane about 1km away in under 4 seconds and into a farmers paddock he saw it come in him and I had the same thought, gluing time lol but no didn't get damaged I was lucky so no flying today for me just another important lesson, don't fly in strong winds

but on the bright side he did say it landed perfectly when it did come in So my patented copyrighted awesome perfect landing system- works in any weather $5000 if anyone wants one lol

I'll do it for $4,900...

Good work mate, glad to see those calling themselves n00bs getting up and at it. :D

Time to get a keychain camera and join the rest of us n00bs gloating on YouTube...? ;)
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby Malcurin » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:33 am

I got a camera thing, but its too big of a profile, it looks like http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__13987__Turnigy_30FPS_Ultra_Mini_DigiCam_without_memory_card_.html one of these, Pretty good quality, but it creates too much drag.. i want to get a wing camera from hobbyking then yes i will be gloating :) N00b yes that's me through and through lol and yes when i can afford one i will have one, woulda been good today
:)

revised price ill do one for 4800 :P
Malcurin

Postby Hallmark » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:12 am

Malcurin wrote:I got a camera thing, but its too big of a profile, it looks like http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__13987__Turnigy_30FPS_Ultra_Mini_DigiCam_without_memory_card_.html one of these, Pretty good quality, but it creates too much drag.. i want to get a wing camera from hobbyking then yes i will be gloating :) N00b yes that's me through and through lol and yes when i can afford one i will have one, woulda been good today
:)

revised price ill do one for 4800 :P

I have that camera and it works fine with the mount as long as you adjust it to slip on the top of the canopy held down by a band. The picture quality is average, but it works... You don't need to worry too much about drag with the AXN, in fact you could have a unit twice that size and still fly okay.

Enjoy :D

Sale on now $4,500 with a set of steak knives :shock: 8-) :lol: :P
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby Malcurin » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:33 am

Good to know

Extreame Sale now on, 4000 with a date from my sister ( others think she is hot) and yes she puts out

hehehe
Malcurin

Postby Hallmark » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:37 am

Malcurin wrote:Good to know

Extreame Sale now on, 4000 with a date from my sister ( others think she is hot) and yes she puts out

hehehe

Here is a video filmed with that camera (compare it to the others on my channel made with the keychain).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I36If20g0kQ&feature=plcp

I cannot beat that - I dated his sister and she IS hot, but gentlemen do not kiss and tell... ;)

:o Is that telling :?: :? 8-)
Hallmark

Postby Malcurin » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:42 am

not bad * subscribed* lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCsv4vQ2Vx0&feature=plcp here is the last one i made with my cam after this vid i took it off and have had awesome flights, I will place it back on , I did lighten the plane after this too so now it flys slower then a snail gliding :)

No thats not telling :D
Malcurin

Postby Malcurin » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:21 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TudgdkQYN10&feature=plcp
well today was the day not a huge crash but enough to split the fuse at the seam on the nose at the top, rip out the little clip that holds the cover on and I got it on Video !!!!! for some reason my AXN doesn't glide well with the camera so i think this will be the last camera for a bit till i can afford a wing camera ( plus i want the high def :) ) so enjoy its all Hot glued back together now, Might not be able to get out soon though for another fly , I go for a Drug test tomorrow for a new Job...... meat packing at a Meat works... a job is a job and it shall fund my Hobby so Enjoy the crash

thanks
Mike
Malcurin

Postby cynr100 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:03 am

Malcurin wrote:I got a camera thing, but its too big of a profile, it looks like http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__13987__Turnigy_30FPS_Ultra_Mini_DigiCam_without_memory_card_.html one of these, Pretty good quality, but it creates too much drag..

Mike if you have a look through Xjet vids you will see that either Barry or Ron have this cam on their AXN, it looks like they have cut a recess in front of the motor pod to house the lower part of the cam.
Bruce may be able to confirm or deny, when I get time I will have a look and see if I can find the vid.
Cheers Dennis
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Next

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)