Noob mistake AXN - stupid crash

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: Noob mistake AXN - stupid crash

Postby Bio Hazzard » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:48 am

Just flew my AXN again, feeling more confident after practicing on the flight simulator I began to do some circles around the park around 25% throttle. I then decided to give it a bit of a push, so I did some loops, it narrowly missed the ground. I never knew flying could be this fun! I'm gonna give it another shot in the morning. The main problem seems to be me losing orientation when the plane gets a bit away from me, so I might put some reflective stuff on the bottom of the wings and maybe two different colors so I know which way its facing :D
Bio Hazzard

Postby cynr100 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:15 pm

Bio Hazzard wrote:.

The other thing I was wondering about was on the tail wing (The section that has the elevator on it) .?

Sorry for the late response Bio, hack away, the AXN will actually still fly with only half a tail plane. Search through Xjets YouTubes and you will find Bruce fly his with one entire side of the tail pane missing :D
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby quarry44 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:38 pm

BH,get some yellow or green fluorescent tape,as used by cyclists,etc.put this on the top of the wing,so you know when it's banking towards you.But if you're really far/high,that might not even help.The best i can suggest is practice,practice,practice.You'll get the hang of it.
quarry44

Postby Bio Hazzard » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:40 am

Thanks guys I am starting to get the hang of it, also I have just been flying the axn 'as is' without messing around too much with tail wing (its an axn what can't it take :D) Also I've been converted, I use to fly slow and be really careful, now when I look down, I realise I've been blasting through the skies at full throttle for the whole flight. As a result my 30 min+ first flight (mainly gliding) has dwindled down to only 5 mins and as a result I have hit the lvc many times. I checked the esc and it appears as if the lvc is set to around 3.88, it has two options for lvc "middle" & "high" it doesn't give the voltages but I've reprogrammed it to "middle" which should set the lvc to around 3.3 - 3.5 is my guess. Also when it cuts it does a hard cut, but allows me to reapply throttle :?: I've set the "brake" setting from "brake disabled" to "soft brake" But haven't had a chance to do a test flight again as its now dark, but I've been flying all day. Funny I actually just charge and fly all day, if I'm not charging I'm flying & if I'm not flying I'm charging :P Also I just lost one blade to the prop-saver band breaking :( anyone know the part number for a prop collet can't find the right one on HK.

The ESC manual for AXN I found here
Bio Hazzard

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:07 pm

See this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=1740&p=13386#p13380
all about collet adapters.
Malcurians yellow one is out of stock at this time.
But they have this one in stock:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... Type_.html
which has grub screw adapters
Or this one which has the collet type
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... g_3mm.html
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby Bio Hazzard » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:32 pm

Thanks, gonna grab the collet one. I've also got a battery monitor / alarm soon to arrive, I might replace the esc anyways seeming the motor is still cutting @ 3.87 - 3.89 seems to high.
Bio Hazzard

Previous

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)