Please help me setup my Turnigy 9x RF9X V2

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: Please help me setup my Turnigy 9x RF9X V2

Postby stickycheee » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:50 am

CRRCSim is pretty good if you turn the sound off. All you need is a male to male audio cable. No need for any other programs but make sure control surfaces of the virtual plane match your real one.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/crrcsim/index.php?title=Main_Page

As for the maiden flight, my only suggestion is to get some time on any simulator; I wrecked my first axn :\
stickycheee

Postby drg964 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:56 am

onesurf88 wrote:I have finally assembled everything needed and ready to fly...... but kinda worry crash on first flight.... any suggestion?

Yes, find someone locally that can show you how to fly it.

If you cannot find anyone, then remember the following advice that I got when flying the AXN for the first time;

1. For your first flight pick a calm day with little or no wind. Get some height before turning.

2. Keep your stick movements on the 9x slight when flying the AXN as it responds much better to small control stick movements. When turning remember to allow a little elevator as it will drop in height (unless you want it to).

3. Use the ailerons for turning the plane. There is no need to use the rudder.

4. Hold the controller in the same direction that the AXN is heading, you may look like a spastic especially when it is coming straight at you but it does help you with orientation in turning the AXN (hard to explain but you will see what I mean once up).

5. Buy yourself a back up AXN, include in the order EPO CA glue (super glue) and accelerator for the CA (you'll need this for when you smash up the first one - that's my advice).

I was very lucky as the park I go to has a guy with 20+ years experience (Kurt) that got me up and flying. While I have never used a flight sim program with the 9x I did find my previous experience with Xbox and Nintendo game controllers to be a big help (never thought of this until Kurt brought this to my attention - people brought up on Xbox etc adapt very quickly to using the RC controllers).
You can call me Al
drg964

Postby cynr100 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:59 am

Hi Al,

You might want to explain to onesurf88, with pics of the Tx, the advantage of using EXPO.

Cheers Dennis (stuck in Brisbane)
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby drg964 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:16 am

cynr100 wrote:
You might want to explain to onesurf88, with pics of the Tx, the advantage of using EXPO.

Cheers Dennis (stuck in Brisbane)

Challenge accepted!

Now lets see... WTF! I got this...

:roll:
You can call me Al
drg964

Previous

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)