Totally new to RC, need some help with an AXN

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: Totally new to RC, need some help with an AXN

Postby Hallmark » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:01 pm

G'day Ant,

Welcome to the RCMR forums and to the addiction that will send you broke, crazy or to a divorce court lol. Seriously though if I could ask anything of a new player it would be not to over-think things. Watch the videos and build the AXN as Bruce shows. You will learn a lot about the plane, the components and how to deal with issues in the field. You'll also have the benefit of a heap of almost real time support here so post you issues, the only silly question is the one you don't ask.

I would advise gatting a simulator as the most difficult aspect of flying RC is spatial orientation. Once this has been committed to muscle memory you'll do fine. When you fly the first few times remember to stay high - height is your friend and you will be inclined to fly low, we all were... The 1000m thing is a bit off yet mate, you will see that 100m gets a bit funky and when you're readu for the 1000m journey, you'll be sporting much different equipment.

So for now enjoy the fun of building the AXN, they're a great little airframe and you will get hours of fun - in between the odd repair :lol:

Good luck and please stay in touch to let us know how you go...

HMk
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby cynr100 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:46 pm

Oh yea of little faith.............................of course there is going to be bits................... :lol: :lol:

Been 3 weeks now since my last flight, need air time on the AXN before my Penguin turns up (more on that later).... :mrgreen:

All being well I should be up on Saturday and hopefully have some results on that thrust line thingy, I've already told SWMBO that I'm flight testing for others..... :roll: ...approval has been given :D
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby drg964 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:17 am

The one fault of the Bix that was recently brought to my attention is when the rudder or elevator servo fails it is a right pain in the ass to replace it etc especially when screwing in the arm screw.

It looks like one has to be up to the skill of a gynecologist in order to complete this operation unless you are prepared for some "open heart surgery"
You can call me Al
drg964

Postby cynr100 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:02 pm

I can borrow a speculum if that will help. :lol: :lol:
See you Saturday :?: :?:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby drg964 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:50 pm

cynr100 wrote:See you Saturday :?: :?:

Unfortunately I have the dreaded "variable" shift Friday night that does not finish until 6am :x
You can call me Al
drg964

Postby cynr100 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:55 pm

That's easy mate, off home shower and change of duds down to the park by 0700. Be just like going to the pub after work :lol: :lol: ;)
Sorry.
I'm on 24/7 again next Wednesday :cry:
cynr100

Postby drg964 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:09 pm

cynr100 wrote:That's easy mate, off home shower and change of duds down to the park by 0700. Be just like going to the pub after work :lol: :lol: ;)

It is an idea though. I could charge the batteries up the night before and come straight from work.

I might just turn up...
You can call me Al
drg964

Postby cynr100 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:31 pm

drg964 wrote:It is an idea though. I could charge the batteries up the night before and come straight from work.

I might just turn up...

:D :D
cynr100

Postby Hallmark » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:11 am

drg964 wrote:It is an idea though. I could charge the batteries up the night before and come straight from work.

I might just turn up...

Please do would like a witness to the goal post strikes... :shock: :o :? :lol:
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby DancesWithCages » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:32 am

Another new flyer with an AXN here. I'm not having problems (beyond my own boneheaded errors) at the moment but thought I'd pop my head up and say Hi. I came to RC flying after helping a friend look at beginner planes and realising the price wasn't as bad as I'd always believed. I picked up an AXN from a local shop on Xmas Eve, and other bits and pieces over the holidays, including a 9X which had antenna issues (easy fix) and is now running ER9X. Still waiting for my friend to get his plane though.
Cheers, Justin
Tauranga, NZ
DancesWithCages

PreviousNext

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)