Turnigy 9xr or Turnigy 9x

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: Turnigy 9xr or Turnigy 9x

Postby cynr100 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:06 am

Fr3d wrote:
I’m having a hard time finding any AXN simulator models. Do you have any advice?

Here Fr3d this thread is just for that setup

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1453

a little bit of computer savvy and it will fly like a real 4ch AXN, nose down under power and all........ :lol:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Fr3d » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:45 am

That's fantastic, thank you. I feel like a real dumbo because all my googling couldn't find it. Now to begin preparations for the imminent arrival of the most beautiful Chinese foamie in the world. :-)
Fr3d

Postby GRM » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:00 pm

Fr3d wrote:Nomadicbear has got an 8 month lead on me but it looks like I'm heading down the same path. Nomadicbear can you give us an update after 8 months? Have you found your fun hobby?

My plan is to get only the simulator first, then if the bug bites I'll buy the AXN later. I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron so I could modify a 9X quite easily but is that worth the saving of $36 over the 9XR? What I'm asking is, is the $90 for (9XR + a 2.4GHz combo) saving $36 better than the older 9X complete with 2.4GHz TX & RX from HobbyKing for $54?

My thinking now is, buy the 9XR (no module), 2200mAh battery and Phoenix v4 w sim cable(Total $190) and I can put in the hours every week until I know if this is for me.

Please weigh in with your thoughts.

I have the 9x but bought the smartieparts board and installed that. No soldering required and then you can install er9x which is just the best transmitter software.
See http://www.smartieparts.com/shop/index. ... cts_id=331
and http://code.google.com/p/er9x/

Big advantage of Tr9x/er9x combo is that there are lots of youtube videos showing you how to program it. Has 16 model memory. Better than radios 5 time the price IMHO.

They are selling 9XR spare parts at HK - not a good sign. No one I know who has a 9x has needed to replace anything.

Re a simulator I suggest getting Clearview. Just $39.99 and is great. Taught myself to fly a Bixler/skysurfer before buying one and I had no problems once I got to a field and joined a club. Clearview has lots of models (including the skysurfer). Bought a USB sim tx box on ebay - though looks like HobbyKing have a good one too.
GRM

Previous

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)