Yep another noob wanting a AXN floater

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: Yep another noob wanting a AXN floater

Postby rocketnz » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:00 pm

One question I had, just in case I am able to fly it, how much time should I put on the count down timer?

Should I worry about fall back settings on the frsky yet?
rocketnz

Postby cynr100 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:01 pm

I don't worry about the timer, my ESC is set for a soft cutoff. This gradually decreases engine power but gives me full control to land. The battery life depends on how you fly, if you fly full throttle give yourself 5 minutes.
Fail safe settings are easy to set on the FrSky, follow the instructions that came with the module. These can be changed at anytime to suit the field you are flying in.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby rocketnz » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:50 pm

My esc is the hobbyking SS 25-30 , does it require any settings or is default fine?

Appreciating your help.
rocketnz

Postby cynr100 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:20 pm

From memory defaults are fine. Check the ESC after each flight for high temperature. Not the best ESC around, mine lasted 4 flights then *poof*.
My preference is Turnigy Plush for a few dollars more and $10 for a program card, saves a lot of beep beep rubbish to program and can be done in 1 minute.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:01 pm

memory defaults are fine

Well that makes me feel better about myself!
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby rocketnz » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:34 pm

ahh ok i bought this after the recommendation from from Bruce. Hopefully it lasts me a bit longer.

Anyway Will post video of my maiden when my keyring cam gets here.
rocketnz

Postby cynr100 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:07 am

BillGriffiths100 wrote:
memory defaults are fine

Well that makes me feel better about myself!

Okay, okay............

"From memory (insert , ) (Rule 9 - When starting a sentence with a weak clause, use a comma after it.) defaults are fine."

In this case Rule 8 could also apply "Use commas to set off expressions that interrupt sentence flow".

:lol: :lol:
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:37 am

Calm down, not everything is a criticism of your syntax and lexicon, just a reference to my fading mental faculties...
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:46 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: just checking......................................................................................
.........................................................................................................................
.........................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................?

Yes, we old guys have still got it.............. :mrgreen:
cynr100

Postby rocketnz » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:39 am

First outing crashed because ailerons were the wrong way.

how do i reverse the servo's? on the 9xr there is a reversing setting for that channel, but it doesn't reverse it.

I thought i could just switch the leads but that doesnt work either.

any ideas?
rocketnz

PreviousNext

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)