Fatshark Attitude problems...please assist..

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: Fatshark Attitude problems...please assist..

Postby cynr100 » Wed May 15, 2013 11:55 pm

Glad it worked out for you and that we were of some assistance, your taking the time to advise us of the resolution is what this forum is all about, thanks.
So, we (well....me anyway) would be interested in seeing some pics of what and where you fly.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Thu May 16, 2013 7:32 am

I as a nutter
am also gratified!
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Thu May 16, 2013 10:51 am

I must be a nutter, bought the same setup and got in before the AUD dropped below parity with USD :D :D I think :!:

Before you start bleating about me have too much money/the missus not knowing/ hiding it on my credit card or other nefarious methods, it is a trade off.
She gets a holiday without me and I get what I want, win win for me :lol: :lol:

I digress, what I wanted to mention was a not dissimilar problem had by another Fatshark owner (FO) with the Fatshark trouble shooter (FTS) via FPVlab forum. The FO described in reasonable detail a problem with picture quality, the FTS blamed the camera and would not deviate. A few more too and throws between the parties ended with FO suggest FTS reread the first post, lo and behold the problem was identified from the description in that post.
Now I really understand "pugs" frustration, so in light of this I still purchased the much vaunted "Attitudes" however this was done through a well known Aussie supplier.
Any problems I have in the 2 years of warranty and it will be in the box and back to the retailer.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Thu May 16, 2013 1:46 pm

She gets a holiday without me

Hmmmmmmmm...........................?!
I thought you had pacified her with the 52 in TV.
Another mystery why has the Australian dollar dropped behind the US dollar when the US national debt is unsustainable!
Soon people will be wiping their bottoms with the US dollar it should right now be worth next to nothing.Mind you that would be bad, blocking the sewers and all..
That's not meant to be a snide reference to your occupation by the way so don't get paranoid!
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby pugs2300 » Thu May 16, 2013 5:01 pm

cynr100 wrote:Glad it worked out for you and that we were of some assistance, your taking the time to advise us of the resolution is what this forum is all about, thanks.
So, we (well....me anyway) would be interested in seeing some pics of what and where you fly.

thanks i don't have any pictures of what i fly but i can tell you lol...
the first plane i ever had was a super cub lp....i got it from the wife this past Christmas....
honestly i was kinda afraid to fly it since i had never flown before and the cub is pretty large...
so i bought a champ to get some experience....the champ being much smaller was much less intimidating and i wasn't at all hesitant to give it a try....after 1 failed launch everything went very well and i felt comfortable flying the champ after running a couple batteries through it....the next day i flew my cub and was pleasantly surprised that it flew pretty much just like the champ i had....

once i started to fly the cub and the champ i started doing much more research on flying and whats out there and thats when i started seeing all the FPV videos on youtube....i was immediatly excited about FPV and knew i wanted to try it....about that same time i started finding all the multirotor stuff...that also got me really excited and i knew what i wanted right then and there....FPV multi rotor.....

since i was still very new to flying (still am for that matter) i figured i would take it a step at a time....first i got all the stuff to build my quad...i decided to go with the simple H-quad design i had seen on the Flite test youtube channel...by the time i had the quad together i had ordered my attitude set and was patiently waiting on it to arrive while i tried to get the hang of flying a quad....which was much more confusing to me than flying a plane for some reason...i recieved my attitude set shortly after i finished the quad but i didn't feel i was capable enough to FPV it just yet....so i decided to try it on my cub first just so i could get a taste of the experience....i flew FPV twice on the cub before i started having these problems and it was awesome...couldn't wait to try it on the quad but that wasn't to be just yet....

now that i have the FPV working again i got everything set up on the quad and i was ready to give it a try...a day or two past without me trying it until yesterday....which ended in disaster.... :(
the wife and i were outside discussing things wed like to do to our property and started talking to a few of the neighbors....after a little conversation the wife suggested i get the quad out and show them.....well it was getting late in the day and i really wasn't planning on flying but i said ok and went and got all my gear....now usually i have a mental check list i go through before i fly....but this time took me off guard....i wasn't planning on flying and my mind wasn't on it....i was just going to fly it for them since it was requested....big mistake....

i failed to notice that one of the motors was loose and about to come off....i attach them with cable ties/zip ties so that they break loose in the event of a crash hopefully saving damage to the motor....the quad was in the air for about three seconds...as soon as i took off i could see the motor was loose but it was too late...the quad slammed into my front porch and destroyed one of my motors and stripped one of the servos on my pan/tilt for my camera...it is impossible for me to express the frustration i felt at that moment....knowing it was 100% preventable and 1000% my own fault for not checking everything before i flew....so after i removed the motor and finished destroying it with a claw hammer i ordered 2 from hobbyking...hopefully they will get here sometime this year....lol..

so to answer your question I fly a champ, a super cub, and an hquad scratch build....i also have build a synapse wing i seen from ed on experimental airlines on youtube....but i have yet to install electronics on it yet....maybe ill get that project done while i wait for my quad motor....i think i will build any aircraft i have in the future unless i just see something i have to have and don't think i can build something similar fairly easy....
as far as where i fly...that kinda depends on what im flying and what im gonna do with it...
i have flown all of my aircraft from my front yard...the cub is a little tough to fly there though since i have a pretty small area to land and its surrounded by tall trees and a few houses....now that i have the camera on the cub im a little more worried about hard landings so i only fly it when i can go to a place with more room....i don't really fly in one certain area
i live in far east Ky and im surrounded buy what we call mountains (youd probably call them large hills lol) so there isn't much wide open areas to fly...

anyhow ill try to get you some pictures of all this stuff and thanks again for the help..
pugs2300

Postby cynr100 » Thu May 16, 2013 11:16 pm

You've got the bug........ :lol: :lol:

I to build a quad, whilst waiting for plane parts, really great fun until they break or in my case burnnnnnn :o an ESC failed and caught fire. So whilst I'm waiting for my new ESC I can continue with my planes (SkyFun, AXN, Bixler V1.1, SBach 342, EPP Me109, Penguin) and so around we go :lol:

Me paranoid.............really :?: :!: who would have thought :roll: just because I use my job to hide from the general public :lol:

Oh and Pugs this is where I fly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_sEg1X36fc
cynr100

Previous

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)