Need advice in choosing startup equipment

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Need advice in choosing startup equipment

Postby Mrs. JL » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:55 am

I need advice concerning startup airplane and transmitter equipment for my husband, who I am certain will be pleased to get it.

He is mechanically apt and would eventually move up to more complicated planes. He also has a lead foot which I fear will move him quickly into a number of crashes,

I have thought it to be best to get a more capable radio, such as Turnigy 9x, Imax, or FlySky. I also hoped to pair it with the simulation software such as phoenix. I believe he could learn a lot from the training, prior to getting a real model.

Is this a good plan? What might you suggest? I want to make sure that it would work with the Phoenix simulation system.

Thanks,
Mrs JL :lol:
Mrs. JL

Re: Need advice in choosing startup equipment

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:42 am

He also has a lead foot

Well that should help him to stand up better while flying a marked advantage! :lol:
The AXN is a pretty hard to destroy first plane see all the posts about it in this forum.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Re: Need advice in choosing startup equipment

Postby cynr100 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:14 pm

Sounds like you have everything sorted already.... 8-) .........wish my missus was as clued up......... :lol:

If I was starting all over again it would be:

a/ Turnigy 9Xr with FrSky Tx/Rx combo, easy to upgrade firmware and comes with RSSI (useful when looking for that lost plane :P )

b/ Bixler V1.0, build with a 2200kv motor and use a 6x4 3 blade prop gives near vertical climb rate.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)