My motors are jerking / stopping. Help me find the cause!

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

My motors are jerking / stopping. Help me find the cause!

Postby amorgos » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:30 am

I'm currently working on my first RC build. A quad based on a frame designed by a company in Spain called Quaternium. But I'm having problems with the motors. :-(

- Quaternium Spidex v2 Frame.
- Removed camera and gimbal temporarily.
- DJI Naza M v2 (Running in manual mode for testing and illustrating the problem)
- DJI 30A Opto ESCs
- LM3506SM 630KV motors.
- Gens Ace 4S1P 3300 mAh battery. Fully Charged.

Problem: When I give it enough throttle the motors just start choking or jerking or whatever. And totally impossible to fly without crashing instantly.

Naza is calibrated, and I've tried it in both manual and Atti mode with similar results. I soldered the motors to extend the cabling through the arms. But I believe they are ok connections.

I'm not really sure what to do next here to find exactly what the problem is :-( Can anyone assist?

See this video explaining the problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rOfwanzF2Q

I hope someone can point me into the right direction. Thanks!
amorgos

Re: My motors are jerking / stopping. Help me find the cause

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:39 am

It sounds as though the ESC's are set up for the wrong timing for your motors consult the esc manuals for the correct timing settings.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Re: My motors are jerking / stopping. Help me find the cause

Postby cynr100 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:43 am

Also calibrate the ESCs to your Tx, this can't be done through the NAZA as a group but must be done individually. (Props OFF :D )
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)