Hello Mark here from Christchurch Need help

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Hello Mark here from Christchurch Need help

Postby abutcher » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:59 am

Hello, have built a bumblee bee quadcopter and having issues setup the Naza lite gps system on it thought had i going but now the compass calibration isn't working. When you point nose to ground and walk around 360 degrees it flashes red.

Plus before take off the quadcopter rocks around a bit as well any help would be help full cheers.
abutcher

Re: Hello Mark here from Christchurch Need help

Postby cynr100 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:57 am

Power on your Tx then power on the Naza and Rx, there is a series of light sequences (refer DJI Naza Lite manual) where the system is doing checks. do not move the quad during this process.
Before calibrating the GPS (the NAZA "dance) wait until the system has acquired sufficient satellites, you should see flashing yellow with no red, each red indicates the number of satellites still to check.
When you have flashing yellow only, flick your 3POS 11 times then rest at Att position (you should now see a hard yellow) then rotate the quad 360deg in the horizontal plane until you see green, then rotate in the vertical 360deg again until you see green, place the quad on the ground then disconnect and reconnect power (rebooting).
Takeoff jitters can be because of ground effect, try launching to 1m rather than a gentle lift off. Could also be caused by having "idle" set at recommended mid point, I set mine at low so motors are rotating but insufficient to cause lift.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)