where are the New videos/reviews

Do you have any general comments on the website or the RCModelReviews YouTube Channel? Post your complaints, your suggestions and your opinions here.

Re: where are the New videos/reviews

Postby cynr100 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:33 am

Hi Keith,
Don't be too disappointed with the welding mask setup, I had a look at some of the ideas around this (from other sources) setup and believe me you would need a strong neck.
Finding screens was the hardest with 2" screens around the $40 mark, so $80 just for screens. Check out some of the cheaper FPV goggles from China, eg Chinavision or AliExpress, some around the $100 mark.

Dennis
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:54 am

and believe me you would need a strong neck

Don't be such a pessimist a couple of pounds of lead at the back to balance it up (on an outrigger) and it would all be hunky dory! Just don't turn your head in a hurry! :roll: :mrgreen:
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:13 am

All right, :idea: what about 2 years of Rugby Union training that should give you a neck big enough to handle the weight.

:?: :?: :?: you ask.......ever seen a Union player with a skinny neck :shock: :lol: :lol:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Keith » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:40 am

cynr100 wrote:All right, :idea: what about 2 years of Rugby Union training that should give you a neck big enough to handle the weight.

:?: :?: :?: you ask.......ever seen a Union player with a skinny neck :shock: :lol: :lol:

I never knew they even had necks...!
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:53 pm

ever seen a Union player with a skinny neck :shock: :lol: :lol:

Generally I try not to look!! :lol:
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:14 pm

I've set all my alarm clocks to remind me of the game Saturday night Aus v B&I Lions, missed the last one :(
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:44 am

Oh no don't tell me next time I drop around your place, you're going to force me to watch rugby on your 55 in TV!!
:( :( :( :shock: :shock: :shock:

BillGriffiths100

Postby Topgun77 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:36 am

Looks like some of the reasons for no new videos is the loss of Bruce's wings.
I have been reading up on this and I tell you what, what a big mess from both sides.
All I can say is wow.

First of all I think Bruce should get his wings back. Its obvious that MFNZ has gone after him.

On the flip side Bruce has been his own worse enemy.
The video of him making fun of the MFNZ rules was disgraceful. See below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVi6VmUbcaQ

It encourages people to not follow the rules. I know you might look at it as funny but come on its an active airport.
Safety needs to come first. We are potentially talking about someones life here if a plane hits an rc model.
He talks about MFNZ saying they were having too much fun. I think that was just a poor choice of words from MFNZ.
Even if their rules are bad we are talking about safety here. It's an airport and safety must come first.
I am sure Bruce flys safe, well now at least, some of the videos I have seen are questionable.
The whole thing is a mess. Hope Bruce gets his wings back but he must also take some responsibility for this mess.

Take a look at what can happen when things go wrong at an airport
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoZD9pczEVs
Topgun77

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:08 pm

Firstly it's hardly a disgraceful video just a humorous reaction to the heavy handed MFNZ interference of the time, perhaps a little ill judged as things turned out.
An air band radio is always used by the model flyers at this strip so that incoming pilots can warn of their approach, and they always land immediately in this situation.
The control tower is a left over prop from a low budget film made years ago and is unsafe to enter.

The incident at the USA air-show is just in no way relevant to this situation the full size pilot was totally responsible for the incident and did a low pass with no permission from the control tower, the event organisers had permission to use that part of the airfield for a model flying event. Just because someone is a full size pilot doesn't mean they are responsible, in this case the idiot was lucky that he and his passenger were uninjured.

BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:51 am

BillGriffiths100 wrote:Oh no don't tell me next time I drop around your place, you're going to force me to watch rugby on your 55 in TV!!
:( :( :( :shock: :shock: :shock:

No mate, I wouldn't do that to you. You can sit out the front with the 50" and surround sound I'll sit out the back with the 55". That puts me closer to the fridge :lol: :lol:
cynr100

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback on this website