Hobby dream-any good??

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

Hobby dream-any good??

Postby disco stu » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:59 pm

Come across hobby dream recently looking for FrSky stuff, specifically this http://www.hobbydream.com/FrSky-2-4G-4-channel-Two-way-Micro-Receiver-D4FR_p14690.html

Has anyone dealt with them before and can comment on their reliability etc?
disco stu

Re: Hobby dream-any good??

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:38 pm

I don't know about the company but I have one of those receivers on the bench this week. My only disappointment is that the telemetry only offers RSSI. I would have also liked to have a battery voltage figure.

This receiver will go in my DLG and because (out of necessity) DLGs tend to have rather small batteries, it can be very useful to know if (after a couple of long flights) your receiver battery is starting to get low while you're 1,000 feet up and quarter of a mile away.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby samclee » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:21 pm

It's OK with me. They send out by registered post. They charge 3.5% handling fee.
samclee

Postby samclee » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:42 pm

One more point they list what they have in stock unlike HK most of their stuff is on back order. Their price may be dearer than HK.
samclee

Postby disco stu » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:21 am

Thanks guys. Great minds Bruce, exactly what I had in mind and thought it did battery as well. I'm not sure I will bother then, cause I don't need the rssi and only other reason was for PPM out ability, which I can do a wee bit cheaper from HK. Can always plug in battery sensor I guess.

Thanks for the help guys
disco stu

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)