EMS -- epic fail

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

Re: EMS -- epic fail

Postby bmsweb » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:34 pm

Sid Sideslip wrote:I've got three orders on the go from HobbyKing one took about four days to be dispatched. . .

I actually contacted them about my order and they said they have a staffing issue at the moment and have recruited more staff . . my order was sent out a week ago . . lets up their new staff sent me the right products :roll:

Mind you they Aussie warehouse is fantastic!, shame they don't stock everything.
bmsweb

Postby Sid Sideslip » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:13 pm

bmsweb wrote:Mind you they Aussie warehouse is fantastic!, shame they don't stock everything.

+1 on the Aussie warehouse. They usually dispatch the same day or the day after. Stuff is here in on Friday if I order on Monday.

Why oh why don't they have more stock though? They would sell it so fast they'd get dizzy.
What goes up...better bloody stay up (until I say otherwise).
Sid Sideslip

Postby bmsweb » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:57 pm

It's strange in that HK advertise the Bixler all over the Internet yet they haven't had stock for a long time now. Last time I asked they said they had heaps in there main warehouse and the stock levels would change soon. That was about 3 weeks ago???
bmsweb

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:02 pm

I have suggested to HobbyKing that they offer an "express warehouse" service whereby for an extra $5 or so, they'd guarantee to pick, pack and ship your order within 24hrs.

If they got an extra $5 per order for doing this then surely they could afford to hire some extra staff (even at a higher wage-rate) to do the job and then everyone would be happy. I suspect they could even boost their bottom line by offering this express service if they calculated things properly.

Sometimes I'd be happy to pay an extra $5 to know for sure that my order would be out the door within a day.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Sid Sideslip » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:27 pm

Yeah, I'd pay a premium for some orders, especially if it was for some bits and bobs that were holding up finishing a model. There always seems to be something extra that I forget.

Er, actually make that a lot that I forget. What forum is this anyway? ;)
What goes up...better bloody stay up (until I say otherwise).
Sid Sideslip

Postby bmsweb » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:49 pm

RCModelReviews wrote:Sometimes I'd be happy to pay an extra $5 to know for sure that my order would be out the door within a day.

With you 100% Bruce, it a shame because they must lose a lot of business because of this. Who knows, hopefully they are listening and learn from the experience . . well fingers crossed.

Sid, I'm always forgetting to buy things from hobby king when I do my orders. I've started using the wish list on their website and when I buy stuff now, I quickly check the wish list . . having said that I still manage to forget to buy things :lol:
Last edited by bmsweb on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
bmsweb

Postby kaptain_zero » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:05 am

RCModelReviews wrote:I have suggested to HobbyKing that they offer an "express warehouse" service whereby for an extra $5 or so, they'd guarantee to pick, pack and ship your order within 24hrs.

If they got an extra $5 per order for doing this then surely they could afford to hire some extra staff (even at a higher wage-rate) to do the job and then everyone would be happy.

I suspect, based on the wild array of items that Hobby King sells, it's probably more of an issue of *walking time* to pick up the bits and pieces from an 87 gazzillion square meters warehouse, than the actual time it takes to package the stuff, once in hand by the handler. I just can't imagine the logistics involved, and I work for Canada Post, and know all to well what it takes to move millions of items each and every day whilst trying not to drop the ball more than absolutely necessary!

As said before, HK is probably a victim of their own success.... It's hard to keep up with growth, when you hit a home run, sales wise!

Regards

Kaptain "Pushing the envelope IS my business!" Zero
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby Oops » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:01 pm

Hey guys, it is only a hobby (unless your name is Bruce). If we need to pay for extra service it will only mean that the normal service will suffer, which I usually find not bad at all actually.

Reminds me of a 91 year old friend here in New Zealand who ordered from the UK by letter just after the war. Six weeks by boat only to get a letter back, after another six weeks, asking him if he wanted the black or white one. Total time from original order to delivery nearly six months. He could wait...

Nearly finished with my FPV setup, have had it for a few weeks but work got in the way. No smoke yet after connecting the battery to various parts. The autopilot flight with the FY21AP went better then I ever imagined. Very stable, circling mode, RTL, even landing was a piece of cake. I actually switched off the transmitter and the plane came back to its master. Aren't we spoiled with what is available nowadays. I though I would never say this: thank you China.

Next the goggles...I feel nervous like my first solo for my PPL fixed wing.
Oops

Postby ergocentric » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:31 pm

Oops wrote:Hey guys, it is only a hobby (unless your name is Bruce). If we need to pay for extra service it will only mean that the normal service will suffer, which I usually find not bad at all actually.

I would think the extra charge would pay for one more staff an ipad clone and a segway*

*or the Chinese equivalent
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:16 pm

ergocentric wrote:I would think the extra charge would pay for one more staff an ipad clone and a segway*

*or the Chinese equivalent

OMG! :shock:

Can you imagine the carnage -- Chinese Segway runs amok -- poor quality control to blame -- hundreds of models destroyed!

:lol:
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

PreviousNext

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)