dealextreme

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

Re: dealextreme

Postby cynr100 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:49 pm

Go to their forums page and start a new thread do not join to someone else's thread, yell loudly and give all the information you have. Use the order number from your DX account, I could not get my Inv number to relate to my order (strange logic there). Search through the threads and look for my query under cynr100, I got a result in 3 days.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby ergocentric » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:56 pm

Kermit wrote:Still waiting for my order paced 11 Jan 2012. Does anyone know how to contact these people? Their contact portal will not accept the INV? number shown on Paypal's history page (dealextreme have been paid). If you can't put in an acceptable invoice number the portal refuses to proceed to the next screen where a query can be left.
Very frustrating.

within one minute of the paypal email you should get an email from DX with the Order Number in the subject line, six digits, two letters, try that
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby ergocentric » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:58 pm

cynr100 wrote:Go to their forums page and start a new thread do not join to someone else's thread, yell loudly and give all the information you have. Use the order number from your DX account, I could not get my Inv number to relate to my order (strange logic there). Search through the threads and look for my query under cynr100, I got a result in 3 days.

I still cannot find "INV" or invoice number

You wouldn't happen to be confusing Paypal transaction ID with DX order number?
ergocentric

Postby cynr100 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:35 pm

This is why I have given up on DX, I would rather spend an extra dollar than save up a pocket full of angst.

Ergocentric is right, use only the info on your DX account.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:03 am

You have to input the DX invoice or order number and the email address you used.

They're *really* slow right now and everyone's bitching but at least all the parts for the video visor are now showing "packing" -- which is a step forwards.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:49 pm

I have to issue a "beware" warning for DealExtreme I'm afraid.

The order I placed on 1 Feb has not moved an inch and they haven't responded to my request to split the order - in fact now it's gone back to "awaiting supplier" for all the items on it (most of which are for the FPV Video Visor).

A comment I posted in the forums asking whether there were perhaps some rather big problems with their "new systems" for order processing was removed by the moderators.

When a company starts moderating the user-feedback, that's when you know a company is having real issues.

Until/unless DX steps up its game, I'd say don't waste your money there at the moment.

They've had over $200 of my money for 6 weeks and there service makes HobbyKing's look lightning fast by comparison.
RCModelReviews

Postby ergocentric » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:07 am

RCModelReviews wrote:I have to issue a "beware" warning for DealExtreme I'm afraid.
...They've had over $200 of my money for 6 weeks and there service makes HobbyKing's look lightning fast by comparison.

This is why I place several smaller orders as shipping is part of the item price "free" and smaller packages have a better chance of escaping customs check

good luck.
ergocentric

Postby RCModelReviews » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:15 am

It doesn't matter if your order is big or small -- DX aren't shipping.

They implemented some new systems over the CNY and it appears that those systems have *major* problems. People are getting the wrong stuff (other people's orders), refunds aren't being processed, orders are marked as "packing" then go back to "awaiting supplier" over and over again, customer service tickets are being ignored or given "cut and past" answers etc, etc.

The problem with placing small orders is that they then ship without tracking info -- so you never know if/when they're going to arrive at all.

Here in NZ, a $200 package doesn't attract any customs duties or taxes anyway so that should be fine.

Just now a moderator on DX's forums was incredibly rude and insulting -- he's not doing them any favors either!

They've lost a customer for good now and I certainly won't be recommending them to anyone after that little episode.
RCModelReviews

Postby RCModelReviews » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:46 am

Just an update... it seems I've upset another moderator and I have been "warned" that "other actions will be taken" by a rather rude little upstart called "Celtic Warrior" on DX.

It seems they've taken my money, deleted my complaints and chosen to be very rude about the whole thing. I was even threatened with defamation if I tell the truth about DX.

I wonder how many other people's genuine concerns and complaints are being wiped each day to try and cover up the huge problems DX is having?

It seems to be a common strategy -- GoodLuckBuy has also stopped publishing new postings (from anyone) to their own forums since their service has gone to hell in a handbag.
RCModelReviews

Postby Kris » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:47 pm

Looks like it is time to get the Pay Pal on board, and stop shopping at DX.
Kris

PreviousNext

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)