Spektrum Parts

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

Spektrum Parts

Postby secatur » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:31 am

Hi, Does anyone know where I could get (buy) a new LCD module for a DX7 ?
Mine got speared by a falling srewdriver ! Doesn't work so good with lotsa cracks ! It's an easy replace, but Spektrum want me to return it for repair ! Don't think it's a good idea to send it on a 22000 km trip !
Or does anyone have a "Dead" xmtr that they might want to get rid of ??
Thanks,
Cheers,
Steve (BOP)
secatur

Re: Spektrum Parts

Postby RCModelReviews » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:27 am

Isn't the reason you pay extra for a "brand name" radio so that you get superior support and service?

Can't the local agent help you?
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby hakank » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:43 am

I tried to replace a couple of potentiometers in my two DX6i's but in the end I had to surrender as it was impossible to get the right ones. They where sent to my domestic rep who will in turn send them to the nearest repair center in EU. I can't complain (yet) on the service given so far. Let's see when they and the bill shows up.
/Håkan
hakank

Postby quarry44 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:45 pm

I wonder if the turnigy one that HK sells would work?It depends what size the sprektrum one is,i suppose.
quarry44

Postby secatur » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:08 pm

Thanks for your replies....
Does anybody know who New Zealand or Australian Service agents for Spektrum are ?
My responses from USA have been dogmatic and of no assistance !
I will probably throw this unit in the trash and return to my JR PCM9x and 10x

I suppose that for $39 the Turnigy transmitter might be a chance...if HK ever get one back in stock !

Thanks again...any other ideas welcome !
Cheers.......
secatur

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:27 pm

In NZ Spektrum is distributed by HOT but I don't have an address for them. Try contacting one of their retailers like Hobby Hangar, they'll likely be able to help.

However, based on what other Spektrum owners have told me, HOT just send stuff back to the USA to be repaired and offer no local service facilities at all.

So why do these people wonder why people import directly rather than paying *lots* of extra money to buy locally????
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby secatur » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:02 pm

OK, after many hours on the internet....it seems that if you want parts or service for Spektrum...it MUST BE SENT BACK TO THE USA !
Not satisfactory to me !
Anyone want a cheap DX7 with 10 receivers and a dicky LCD (works but a bit hard to read !) ??
secatur

Postby Flash1940 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:12 pm

You would be better off $$$ wise by parting all your stuff out onsey-twosey...on Ebay and don't worry about the TX. Take the battery out and sell it at your local flying site for nearly nothing.....
Just friendly advise !!
Flash
Flash1940

Postby hakank » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:42 pm

hakank wrote:I tried to replace a couple of potentiometers in my two DX6i's but in the end I had to surrender as it was impossible to get the right ones. They where sent to my domestic rep who will in turn send them to the nearest repair center in EU. I can't complain (yet) on the service given so far. Let's see when they and the bill shows up.
/Håkan

To finish my post up. I replaced all pots (8 in total) in two DX6i and I replaced one antenna in one DX6i.
Labor and parts 65 Australian $
Shipping 13 Australian $

Can't complain.

What happened with your DX7?

/Håkan
hakank

Postby Hal9000 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:41 pm

RCModelReviews wrote:In NZ Spektrum is distributed by HOT but I don't have an address for them.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/HOT-Ltd

http://www.hotrc.co.nz

Based in Hamilton somewhere but seem to be "wholesalers" so public interaction minimal and refers to "visit you local supplier"

They've Had my DX6i for 5 weeks now.....wondering if I'll ever see it again. Still got my 9x now so am beginning to think it will be relegated to a backup or alternate transmitter.
Hal9000

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)