Hobby King

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

How do you rate your satisfactioin with HobbyKing's service?

Excellent
21%
Good
46%
Average
9%
Fair
9%
Poor
15%

Total votes : 181

Re: Hobby King

Postby cynr100 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:35 am

quarry44 wrote:But,it's in NZ now,so,whoohoo,it should be here early next week.

You won't be sorry quarry44, enjoy :D
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Juanlargo » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:37 pm

RCModelReviews wrote:HK very rarely seem to send replacement parts for models that get broken in shipping or handling -- there are stories on their forums of folk waiting a year or more and still being told to wait -- while HK continues to sell the same model.

I think part of the problem is that many Chinese manufacturers simply aren't geared to sell parts -- they only sell complete models. Even if HK orders a new wing, chances are they won't be supplied because the factory only ships complete models.

It could be argued that in the name of good customer service, HK ought to take a wing from a whole model that's in stock -- but then again, they operate with razor-thin margins so that would effectively kill the profit on the next 10 sales because they'd have 75% of a model they can't sell.

As always with HK -- it's "never spend more than you can afford to lose" and the warranty is "until the product breaks".

I have no problem with that -- although I wish they'd be a little more up-front about their inability to honor the warranty they purport to offer.

This is also why I don't buy *expensive* things from HK. I can afford to be out of pocket for a few servos or lipos if they arrive broken or fail in the first few minutes of use -- but I prefer the "peace of mind" associated with buying things like gas engines, large models and other expensive items from companies that may charge more but do have a *useful* parts and warranty.

HK has its place and I still buy the vast majority of my stuff from them. However, I am smart enough to realize that every purchase is a bit of a lottery and sometimes you lose.

Come on Bruce, razor thin profit margin? I seriously doubt that. A Turnigy motor that I pay 18 dollars for is 3 bux out the door for them. If they are not going to support a certain parts inventory for planes they sell (even GWS does that) then they should at least provide a replacement model for one that was busted in shipping and handling. They are just money grubbers going back to your comment about a $150.00 short tem loan? They do that to every single customer. LowPrice and Leaders smoke these guys in almost every category but mostly, they provide customer service.
Juanlargo

Postby wacoe » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:13 am

Well I ordered some fatshark goggles four weeks ago and apart from the tracking saying arrived in uk nothing has turned up. Phoned the post office and UK customs still nothing. Opened a dispute and just told to wait!! Err how long?

Well if it has not turned up in the next couple of weeks then I will get visa on to it. Mind you HK are opening a new warehouse in the uk within the next of weeks :) so as its only 15 miles from me further orders will be at their warehouse to collect.
wacoe

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:18 am

It's the UK postage they have lost a couple of parcels for me recently.
If it caught the attention of customs it could be being delayed there for weeks until someone gets around to inspecting it.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby drg964 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:24 am

Put the order in for the AXN on Saturday night from the global site and paid via Paypal.

Checked on Sunday and found the order was Pending payment. Same again on the Monday and Tuesday even though the funds went out of the account on Monday.

Created a service request with the helpdesk and within an hour the payment was cleared...

This was the reply on the service request

We have checked that your order#2004866886 was pending for payment in our website due to connection error between paypal and our system. Orders are normally under process after payment is confirmed. That's why your order is not processed after the payment has been settled. Now your order is under process in our warehouse. Please check your account for updates later. Once it is posted, you will get an email notification.

Next time if you have paid for an order, while it is unpaid in your account, please also contact us as soon as possible.

First time ever I have had this issue with payment via Paypal :|
You can call me Al
drg964

Postby cynr100 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:36 am

Hey............. :shock: ............... a fellow Cairnsite :o :D :D

Welcome to the forums drg964, we'll have to get together some time, PM if you want to chat off the forum 8-)
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby drg964 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:55 am

Thanks for the welcome. Will definitely get in touch once the AXN has left the warehouse and made it's way here.
You can call me Al
drg964

HK speak!

Postby AltechMYOB » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:58 pm

These few exchanges happened after a live chat with somebody at HK whom also immediately ducked the issue and directed me to email support.

Clearly this person doesn't clearly understand the clear meaning of the word clearly! :lol:

So far as I've discovered to date, this is the only faulty part from a large order of inexpensive bits. For just 49c I'm laughing really... I got off really cheap compared to others. It's the chinglish-nonsense that's got me going... my first exposure to their after-sales-disservice. I guess I just keep buying them until I get one that makes it thru intact.

You da man Kyle!

Reverse chronology, read from the bottom up.

=============================================================================================================================
"Your request (#319321) has been updated.

To review the status of the request and add additional comments, please visit http://www.HobbyKing.com

Kyle, Aug 05 14:12 (HKT):

Hi Altech ,
Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.

Thank you for your information. I have read what you said. Please be kindly understanding that we serve for our customers heart and soul. So we would like to know what problem our customers reflect on the items clearly. Thank you for your understanding. Have a nice day!

Thanks for emailing support.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Regards.
Kyle
HobbyKing Support Team
Dont forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for discounts and promotions!
http://www.facebook.com/hobbykinglive
http://www.twitter.com/hobbykinglive

Altech, Aug 04 23:00 (HKT):

Hello... it appears you haven't read my email at all. Please READ IT.
You can see 2 pictures of the item I attached to the support html email.

All I'm asking for is an intelligent answer, not to be fobbed-off down an
extended trail of useless emails.

>-- Original Message --
>Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 14:48:06 +0000
>From: Kyle <notifications-support@hobbyking.zendesk.com>
>Reply-To: HobbyKing Support Centre <support+id319321@hobbyking.zendesk.com>
>To: Altech <altech2@xxx>
>Subject: [HobbyKing Support Centre] Re: ZV-Minor damaged shipment 2004896812

Kyle, Aug 04 22:48 (HKT):

Hi Altech ,
Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.

Thank you for your information and sorry for the inconvenience caused. To open claim file for you, please kindly provide with photos as the following demanded:
1) One photo showing the broken item you have received clearly.
2) One photo showing all parts for the product 1x HK-322.
3) One photo showing the parcel box with postage slip.

Thank you for your understanding. Looking forward to your reply for further assistance.

Thanks for emailing support.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Regards.
Kyle
HobbyKing Support Team
Dont forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for discounts and promotions!
http://www.facebook.com/hobbykinglive
http://www.twitter.com/hobbykinglive

Altech, Aug 04 22:34 (HKT):

Hi… I received my most recent order (2004896812) Friday August 3, 2012.
There is some minor damage to 1 item - CA Applicator Fine (1pc), PRODUCT ID: HK-322. The item appears to have sustained damage when it was stuffed into a bag with a lot of other items. The problem is that the delicate plastic tip was bent passed its bend radius fracturing it close to the start of the narrowed part.
Given it’s price, 49c, there’s no point returning it, however I still need a working one. How can I order one in my next order and make sure it gets to me intact?

Attachment(s)
BILD0834.JPG
BILD0835.JPG"
AltechMYOB

Postby phum » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:39 am

Hello all,
I have ordered 2 foamies from HK.

The first I have had for 12 months or thereabouts and and still do not have some of the parts (HK says they were lost in transit, not their problem, but will resupply, havn't seen them yet.

I ordered a AXM recently it arrived but with parts missing from the sealed plastic bag . The worst of it is that the fuse has a 10 degree twist in it (anyone have a fix for that)

Is this normal fo HK or am I just unlucky?

I must add that I have no trouble with orders for motors etc.

Peter
phum

Postby quarry44 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:53 am

I've done 28 orders thru hk,and never had a problem(touches head).
As far as the axn fuse goes,you could try pouring boiling water over the twisted area,then twisting it the other way,and holding till it cools.
In regard to missing parts,how did hk determine the parts were lost in transit?Was the parcel damaged when you received it?Either way,they should definitely have replaced those items by now.If it was me,HK would be receiving a strongly worded email.
quarry44

PreviousNext

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)